Rodney Gold - RIP

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I feel sad in my heart; Rodney has a true heart of diamond, one of the most peaceful and dignified people, a true genuine gentleman he always is, a music passionate, a searcher of higher elevation...one of the best.

R.I.P. Rodney, and my deepest condolences to his family and friends.
___

Thank you Sujay to let us know; it helps us all to realize even more how fragile life is, and how important we all are.

People matter.

well said!

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
I feel sad in my heart; Rodney has a true heart of diamond, one of the most peaceful and dignified people, a true genuine gentleman he always is, a music passionate, a searcher of higher elevation...one of the best.

R.I.P. Rodney, and my deepest condolences to his family and friends.
___

Thank you Sujay to let us know; it helps us all to realize even more how fragile life is, and how important we all are.

People matter.

Indeed! It’s always about the people and the relationships we build through the forum.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I was actually wondering why he had not posted, and even looked to see if he had. What I had hoped was either he was spending time with his daughter or planning a move. Sadly that's not so, too bad. We lost a nice forum member.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
How very sad.
I didn't know him but always read his posts which were so informative and helpful.
By chance I got talking to somebody who knew him when I was in Munich this year and who told me his health was concerning, but it was clearly a lot more serious than I realised at the time.
I'll miss his contributions and my sympathies to his family and friends.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Sad day for WBF.

I never met him but he seemed like a wonderful individual. His contributions to this forum will be missed.

Condoloscences to the family and friends who knew and loved him.

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Having had a pair of Vivid speakers a while back I was always looking for any of his posts. One of the best vacations I ever had was going on a Safari not too far from where he lived and whenever I saw his name anywhere it always brought fond memories. RIP.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Truly tragic. He was a real gentlemen. I loved his beautiful room and thoughtful comments. RIP Rodney.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Wow!! Stunned. So sad. He was someone I could identify with and I had no idea he was ill.

Reminds me of a sign I used to have on my desk at work: "Work as though you will live forever; live as though you will die tomorrow"..... and at my age, I could!!

My prayers to Rodney's family.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Sad news. I exchanged a few PMs with him when I was considering Vivid speakers last year, and appreciated his insight.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Rest in peace DSP friend !
He probably had one of the most elaborate systems with digital correction.
I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Sad news indeed. I have noticed that we are like a family at times sharing the same love. No more suffering Rodney now you can rest.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Werner

May 28, 2014
This is deeply sad.

I have known Rodney since 1996 or so. My wife and I visited him in Cape Town during our honeymoon.
We had dinner with Rodney and Ruth at a restaurant, Rodney driving us there and back in his own style (grin).

Getting back to South Africa, now with our children, and revisiting Rodney and Ruth was on our to do list.

Condolences to Ruth and Gabriella.

Werner & Christa

Frazeur1

Apr 14, 2018
Indianapolis, Indiana
I cannot add anything to these fine posts, knew Rodney from another forum, always liked his style. RIP!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I am very sorry to hear of Rodney's passing. He will be missed.

My condolences to Rodney's family.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Very Sorry to hear this.

I conversed with Rodney about subwoofers and room interactions, found him to be helpful and knowledgeable, his contributions will be missed

Best wishes to his family

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing