Rodney Gold - RIP

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi Everyone,

It’s with regret that I announce the untimely passing away of our dear friend Rodney Gold from Cape Town. I happen ed to meet him for the first time (little did I realise it would also be the last) two months ago in March when I visited his home in Cape Town. He didn’t look too well then but there was no lack of energy and enthusiasm as he showed me around and we listened to almost 3 hours of music! It might have been some kind of premonition that he kept saying that he wouldn’t last long. Little did I know that it would be this short.

My condolences to the family in their time of grief. I called and spoke to his daughter a few minutes back and expressed my condolences and also mentioned that I will be announcing this on the forum.

May he Rest In Peace

Sujay

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sad to hear. He had built his own room himself, looked fantastic. Glad you go to hear it.

RIP

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am very sorry to learn of Rodney’s passing.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Also sorry to hear of his passing, he always seemed very committed and full of energy, condolences to his family and hoping he is at at rest and in peace.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Truly sad news. RIP

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Oh How sad--yes we use to chat on another forum--especially on the Rugger!--- I called him Rodders ole chap--I think he liked it!

RIP my Yarpie Friend!

BruceD

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Many prayers and blessings to him and his family.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Truly sad news

I communicated with him privately on several audio issues and he was always fun and wonderful to speak with.His audio knowledge was always full of new information for me

My condolences to Rodney's family. He will be missed

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
SHYTTT

I just read this last night from another thread he posted in. I said to myself that I hope we have at least 5 years before getting any sad news.
I didnt know him well but now I miss him a lot!

Rodney Gold
You only live once .... so go for it!!!!!

I can identify as I had a quad bypass and 2 back operations in the last year or so (and have mild parkinsons and diabetes) .. these conditions and my physical capabilities made me decide to go "all in" on my system and room and enjoy the results as long as I can do so .. Im 60 and think I will be lucky to reach 70.
I had quite a few yank v8's i sold to finance the system.. I could no longer get thrills from them and parlayed them into something that amazes me for hours...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Sorry to learn such sad news. Rodney was an enthusiast and a very knowledgeable member, we shared his profound admiration for Devialet. RIP.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Sorry to learn such sad news. Rodney was an enthusiast and a very knowledgeable member, we shared his profound admiration for Devialet. RIP.

Yes he was a frequent contributor on Devialet Chat where he will also be missed. His last post was just a few days ago.

Very sad.

Guillaume

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Sorry to hear, I've enjoyed his posts. RIP Rodney and condolences to his family and friends.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Very sad news...R.I.P Rodney

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
How tragic, RIP!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I feel sad in my heart; Rodney has a true heart of diamond, one of the most peaceful and dignified people, a true genuine gentleman he always is, a music passionate, a searcher of higher elevation...one of the best.

R.I.P. Rodney, and my deepest condolences to his family and friends.
___

Thank you Sujay to let us know; it helps us all to realize even more how fragile life is, and how important we all are.

People matter.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing