The Predator (2018) Action, Adventure, Horror | 14 September 2018 (USA)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Release date over here is 3 October, took a day off work to go see the first screening. Leave the rock you live under once in a while instead of talking about things you know nothing about all the time.

You went to see the first screening; tell me about it, so that I can learn something more on your personal viewing experience, opinion of 'The Predator'.

And sorry if you don't like that I talked about it even if I didn't see it; it's on the first page of many news with various aspects that are interesting and educational. It's the talk of the town for a while now, even with the majority who didn't see it. And the ones who saw it, in general, refer to it as a poor script full of holes, broken continuity, quick camera movements (headaches), comedic more than anything else, entertaining enough with an average of 2.5 out of 5.
I read their comments, I even read the spoilers because it don't matter to me...not for this flick.

It's a discussion, if I need to see it to talk about it I got you.
You saw the screening, fill me up, please, but don't tell me to buck off.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Box Office: ‘The Predator’ Bites Off $24 Million Bow

Shane Black’s “The Predator” launched with a tepid $24 million from 4,037 North American locations. That was easily enough to top the weekend box office, but not enough to land a franchise-best debut. That distinction still belongs to 2010’s “Predator” with $24.7 million (not including the two “Alien vs. Predator” crossover films). Overseas, “The Predator” earned $30.7 million for a global start of $54.7 million. It will need to generate big business internationally to justify its $88 million production budget.

Though “The Predator” opened at the lower end of estimates, it seems the surrounding controversy didn’t taint the sci-fi film. Prior to its premiere, “The Predator” drew ire after 20th Century Fox announced it deleted a scene featuring registered sex offender Steven Wilder Striegel. The studio said it was “not aware” of Striegel’s background when he was hired. Black has since apologized for casting Striegel, who is a friend of his.

Chris Aronson, head of domestic distribution at Fox, said the scandal didn’t influence weekend numbers. “I don’t think it dissuaded anyone who wasn’t predestined to go. I think it had minimal, if any, impact,” he said.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Movie sounds so bad it has to be good.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I kept telling myself before watching it that it has to be good, but towards the end, I thought it was not good, or nothing great. The original with Arnold S. is still the best for me. Hard to beat that standard.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing