Which Speakers for Dartzeel NHB-108B and NHB-18NS Combo?

Jono

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely agree. I still have my Kondo Japan pre and power amps. Beautifully made and they sound great -- but the DarTZeel is better sounding in every way. Every way.
Yes I have friends with Kondo-one a Neiro and the other an Ongaku.
The Neiro is just not very good-just not a balanced sound with an emphasised midrange and very rolled off treble.The Ongaku is very good but the owner has never been able to find the right speaker match and is still hunting after 15 years!
I have not directly compared the Dartzeel and the Neiro but feel sure it would sound much better on his Avantegarde horns.I have compared my Bakoon amp and the Neiro and in my opinion that was far better-great actually .But the Bakoons do not have the bass authority of the Dartzeel .

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Reactions: Rob181

Skanda

May 2, 2020
I think they would probably fit the Diesis horns great depending on your musical taste. The wattage on the dart amp is where I think the Diesis shine for more modern music and the midrange should come through amazingly

Guscom

Oct 22, 2018
I didn't hear the 108, but I did try both integrateds (LHC-208 and CTH-8550) on Avantgarde horns. Dead quiet, and punchy/dynamic as all get out. Some folks actually preferred them to the tube amps we had at hand, that we usually paired with the AGs.
I actually use Dart CTH 8550 with Avantgarde Duo Mezzo. Fantastic pairing!

DDgtt

May 1, 2023
Another great combination with the darTZeel electronics are the Vivid Audio Speakers. Specifically, the Giya series. The G1 Spirit speakers will bring the best out of your electronics!

OZ996

Feb 11, 2024
China
Just curious if 108B+18NS powerful enough to drive latest version of Avantgrade UNO SD (with 18ohms)? Thanks for all advices!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Absolutely.

Reactions: OZ996

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Just curious if 108B+18NS powerful enough to drive latest version of Avantgrade UNO SD (with 18ohms)? Thanks for all advices!
This speaker is 107dB sensitive 1W/1m. So you only need a few watts of power, most likely. The potential issue will be the noise floor: you may be able to hear background noise at your listening position. If you sit more than 3m away it should be ok but it’s something you will want to try before you buy.

OZ996

Feb 11, 2024
China
This speaker is 107dB sensitive 1W/1m. So you only need a few watts of power, most likely. The potential issue will be the noise floor: you may be able to hear background noise at your listening position. If you sit more than 3m away it should be ok but it’s something you will want to try before you buy.
Thanks mate for your suggestion! That’s really important information for since I am building my audition room.

Another dilemma is the price. Recently I talked to some local fellows and dealers on how to economically best drive my new AG UNO SD. Not saying I don’t have enough budget but simply don’t want to over match. In the end of day, UNO SD is just the entry-level product in AG’s portfolio. Many of them think I spend too much money on DartZeel‘s 18B+108NS combo ($130k local price). With about just one-third price, CTH8550 may be well enough to drive UNO SD. I will certainly do the AB audition before placing the order. But do appreciate if someone can share their experience. Thanks in advance.

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
IMO with your horn speaker, power is not the problem. It is your demand on sonical performance. Both options will drive the Avantgarde's with ease. If you are O.K. not to get the best performance (only "85%"), you are fine with the CTH 8550. Best you try to hear both to get a decision.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
The CTH8550 has more power than the 108, so you’ve likely made the matter of driving highly sensitive speakers worse, not better. Definitely try them both in your room with your equipment, if you can.
How far back will you sit from the speakers?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing