Why I really appreciate What's Best Forum

Angela

WBF Technical Expert
May 24, 2010
Conifer, Colorado
I was looking at discussions that involved Roger's company on another forum this weekend and I was saddened to see all the malarkey that continues to be perpetuated by many of the audiophiles posting. No wonder so many are so confused and don't know where to turn to get true information and not be taken in.

I find it so refreshing that actual facts are discussed here and explored by its members and in a respectful and intelligent way. Congrats to the founders, its moderators, and its members.

With the costs involved in this industry, it gives me hope that audiophiles CAN be smart about how they spend all that money.

Keep it up. I am telling everyone I know about this forum.

Happy New Year!
Angela

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the kind words and participation Angela. It goes without saying that the great articles that Roger has written is part of what makes our forum more meaningful. Great to be partnering with you and Roger on this journey :).

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Yeah... this forum has a pretty good S/N ratio. Not too much you have to throw out!

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Thank you, Angela! It's a pleasure to feature solid and interesting material, and Roger has certainly produced a great deal here. We're happy to have you guys around.

Lee

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
New member here & from looking around this forum (the audio part anyway) I was pleasantly surprised to see the S/N ratio very high - unlike most other forums that discuss audio. From my time on other forums, it's the moderators & founder that ultimately determine this & you guys seem to have got it right. Well done guys! Keep it up this is an oasis in the WWW desert where both good technical information & the right amount of subjective info is allowed to stand side by side without the usual trench wars. I hope to learn & possibly add some small info if I can contribute.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I appreciate that WBF hasn't banned me yet.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
Me too :)

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
The name of this place leads one to believe that it is exclusive or pretentious, or maybe a place that is centered on equipment, but that isn't what I have found. I find that it is largely about music, and music is what brings me to this hobby. Sure, I like good equipment; who doesn't? Still, we all started because of music, and we should never forget that simple truth. Fortunately, we are at a forum that constantly reminds us of that.

Win

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Well said Win! :b

* Frank, me too I noticed that more and more people are reading here at WBF.
And I am amazed to see more readers here online than at other audio sites
where they have up to twenty times more members!
That is quite incredible!

** I'm big on stats; and I usually keep a close eye. :b

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I personally think that it's more about equipment, but I have seen an increase on the music side of things. Whatever the balance, I love coming here and do so every day. There also isn't a day that goes by whereby I don't learn something, and for me that is the WBF's greatest appeal. The knowledge-base here as compared to many other sites is beyond equal, and I find the membership to be one of the most helpful I've ever seen.

Keep up the great work guys, and to the general membership thanks for letting me chime in on some of your discussions!

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
Of all the forums I've visited, I must say this one (WBF) is THE Best. The rest of the forums mainly serve the interests of the moderators. Over here whatever one posts, it comes on immediately! This forum certainly propagates free speech and shows great maturity.

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
Well said Win! :b

* Frank, me too I noticed that more and more people are reading here at WBF.
And I am amazed to see more readers here online than at other audio sites
where they have up to twenty times more members!
That is quite incredible!

** I'm big on stats; and I usually keep a close eye. :b

That's the reason why I said this is the best audio forum in the universe! Look at the number of audio experts here. Are they in the other forums?

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
--- I fully agree with you Thf99. I frequent quasi all the audio forums of the world on the Internet, and so many of them are without true substance, or real respect, or intelligence.

I have been searching for many years to expand my audio/video horizons, and in high average generality WBF is way up there in that league to provide. :b
There is no denying on the quality of the membership here; high level of maturity, respect, knowledge, intelligence, expertise, friendly sharing, and free advice.

And when you have that, what do you think it creates? Encouragement to even bettering yourself further; that's what What's Best Forum's all about.

...In my book anyway. :b

Amen, Bob.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing