New Göbel Divin Midi

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Build the big one very few can afford, then sell them the scale model:D;)

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have been told that finally the Divin series will consist of three models

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Hello all together,

I could read in some posts, that there is a bit confusion about our 2 new loudspeaker lines.
Please let me quickly give you an overview of our now two loudspeaker lines and the thinkings behind them in order to clear things up.

1.) The Epoque Aeon line:
The new Epoque Aeon line is always fully based on our patented carbon excellence Aeon bending wave driver.
Technology like the Epoque Aeon line is always a 2 way loudspeaker. A nearly full range chassis (our carbon excellence Aeon bending wave driver) covers the enormous bandwidth from 160 Hz till over 30.000 Hz! Only below 160 Hz the bass chassis are working.
Beside the other advantages of our world wide unique bending wave technology (ideal dispersion range, actually no moving mass, highest dynamic, …), we hereby also reach an absolute perfect time and phase behavior as everything is produced from one driver!

The thinking behind this new Epoque Aeon loudspeaker line is to offer an absolute time and phase coherent loudspeaker line, which is fully based on our patented bending wave technology with all their world wide unique advantages for ultra high end connoisseurs, which prefer normal listening distances.

2.) The Divin line:
Technology like, this new Divin loudspeaker line are traditional 3 way dynamic loudspeakers on the first sight. With enormous bass chassis, 8inch midrange chassis and one big tweeter coupled over a big waveguide in one loudspeaker. All this membrane area is needed to reach a very high efficiency, which was one of the goals for the Divin line.
Beside the quiet traditional look of the chassis, we also massively used and applied our bending wave knowledge and technologies in order to perfectly control the membrane break up of the conventional membranes, reaching a best possible phase and time behavior and avoiding resonances in the membranes, in the enclosure materials and crossovers.
Additionally we developed the impedance of the Divin line to be max. even, in order to drive them with any amplifier, also with low wattage tube amplifiers.
Also the Divin line is able to take a lot of power and to produce sound pressure levels that rarely any other conventional high end loudspeakers can produce!

The thinking behind this new Divin loudspeaker line is to additionally offer a loudspeaker line for ultra high end connoisseurs, which normally prefers horn loudspeakers or more traditional loudspeaker designs, which are maybe also more into low power tube amps and also which prefers bigger listening distances.

The listeners worldwide don’t always like/prefer the same things and therefore we are trying to use our research and expertise to address these needs. It is our goal to provide the best possible quality, sound and solution for all our customers, dealers and distributors world wide.

All the best,
Oliver

Reactions: ozy and rsorren1

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Oliver.
Thank you very much for your explanation.
It is very intelligent and professional by your side to develope two different speakers styles.
Both has to me a lot of interesting resources and advantages
I’ll stay tuned to the Midi presentation on the 6th AE Show.
Congratulations...Göbel is growing with solid arguments.
Regards.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
divin marquis pic.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: RideCA

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: RideCA

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I want to thank Kevin Wolff for showing me a little set up trick and pointing me to a new tool to help me take my set ups to a new level.
The Divin Marquis in my room today has taken me to a new place and one that I had no idea was there.
I have been lazy since returning form PAF but the last few days with all the gear settled in and warm I was able to make a few minor , teenie , tiny adjustments and the result is incredible
I want to thank Jeff Beck for stopping by and playing " a brush with the blues" from Just me with Manu Katche and Pino Palladino and absolutely blowing me and my crew away.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
PAF2022award.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing