Thales Statement Arm

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Thales.jpg Today on my Audio Tekne Turntable as second Arm the Thales Statement Arm is installed i have been waiting some months for this arm to be installed on the Audio Tekne TT .

The original Arm of Audio Tekne is paired whit Koetsu Coralstone the Thales Statement we paired whit Topwing Blue Dragon Cart i also have a Red Sparrow and was hesitating to long using Blue Dragon or Red Sparrow and my choice today finally was Blue Dragon.

Having heard great things about this Arm wood be glad to have your comments.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
View attachment 41218
Having heard great things about this Arm wood be glad to have your comments.

Hello Amadeus,

Nice to see this arm on your very rare spinner. The first time I see a WBF member publicly show this arm in action. So your comments not ours that are most interested :D. I almost went for this arm in custom length for my EMT also, but it didn’t happen.

Enjoy listening,
Tang

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I love my Thales Simplicity II so can only imagine what the Ref is like. Congratulations

My dealer has offered me a demo in my system, but I have declined. Can't afford it !!

Please let us know your thoughts on how it sounds and vs the other huge tonearm. What is it?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Congrats and will be interesting you put also Blue dragon on AT arm to see the difference of 2 arms

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Hello Amadeus,

Nice to see this arm on your very rare spinner. The first time I see a WBF member publicly show this arm in action. So your comments not ours that are most interested :D. I almost went for this arm in custom length for my EMT also, but it didn’t happen.

Enjoy listening,
Tang

Thank you Tang!

I only have 15 hours Know on the Thales Arm and the Blue Dragon so it is a bit to early to have comments and a opinion all i can say its even whit just 15 hours on it it is very promising.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Amadeus, that arm looks like the real deal! What is the MSRP?

Well in US i don't know but here in Europe it is Retail 17500 euro = 20500$

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I love my Thales Simplicity II so can only imagine what the Ref is like. Congratulations

My dealer has offered me a demo in my system, but I have declined. Can't afford it !!

Please let us know your thoughts on how it sounds and vs the other huge tonearm. What is it?

There "huge arm" is the original Audio Tekne Carbon Tonearm which i am also burn-in and both arms have the one 15 hours and the other 25 hours only when it burns-in more i will listen and compare share my thoughts.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Thanks Gian60.

After 200 hours i will definitely try this...

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In 1992 Be Yamamura did to me a very similar TT,with platter graphite and brass air bearing and a Tonearm have made in graphite like pantograph similar new KL Audio

IMG_1086.JPG

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
In 1992 Be Yamamura did to me a very similar TT,with platter graphite and brass air bearing and a Tonearm have made in graphite like pantograph similar new KL Audio

View attachment 41230

It looks like a a previous prototype that is not finished yet..

How did it sound?
Do you still have it?

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

View attachment 41230

It looks like a a previous prototype that is not finished yet..

How did it sound?
Do you still have it?

JackX

Nov 22, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Hi all!
---
Seems this thread die out ... from natural causes ?!?
Anyway, I'm just about to trade in my (original) Thales AV arm to a Statement & I'd love to hear your experience with the arm (still in your possesion, I take it !?)

Cheers!
---

Reactions: XV-1 and marmota

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
@amadeus Gorgeous turntable you have there!
What are the sound differences between the two tonearms? Do you think that the Audio Tekne tonearm has a synergistic advantage (more coherent sound?) because it is specifically made for your turntable?

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
@amadeus Gorgeous turntable you have there!
What are the sound differences between the two tonearms? Do you think that the Audio Tekne tonearm has a synergistic advantage (more coherent sound?) because it is specifically made for your turntable?

Marmota both arms are in a different way highly musical i love both of them the Thales Statement is in the mean time a very well known arm and it sure deserves recognize the Audio Tekne Arm is Bulky and Big but it sounds very refined and fast whit both arms i had many Magical hours in the near future i like to experiment whit different carts as well...

Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Does anyone have any updates or listening experiences on the Thales Statement tonearm and how it compares to the Simplicity II?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Does anyone have any updates or listening experiences on the Thales Statement tonearm and how it compares to the Simplicity II?

Keep up with the times. Just ask for videos lol

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Wow, nobody owns the Statement or wants to comment on the sound quality. all the logic in me says stick with the Simplicity II - however logic does not seem to exist in hifi a lot of the time and for some reason I have an itch :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing