NHB-108 model one

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Just found a second hand NHB-108 Model One Version B sale ad. I'm looking for a another amp at the moment so I'm very interested in this one. The unit is from 2011 and is Version B. Does anyone know what the current version of this amp is or is it still Version B? I have looked at the DarTZeel site but is nothing mentioned about the current version there.

Have contacted DarTZeel about this sale because I saw there's a few rules that need to be followed for second hand sales, hope to hear from them soon.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
AFAIK the NHB-108 Model One Version B was only once upgraded, with the SNCP circuit. If it has the SNCP, then it is the current version.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
AFAIK the NHB-108 Model One Version B was only once upgraded, with the SNCP circuit. If it has the SNCP, then it is the current version.

that is exactly correct.

if it's model B and has the SNCP upgrade circuit then it's current spec. and that upgrade was in 2010-2011 so a build from then likely included it.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Nice to know, thank you both for the info. I will ask the seller about the SNCP circuit. Do you think 6900 euro is a fair price for a unit of this age? By the look of the photo in the ad it looks in mint condition;

1081.jpg

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Hé drikus i was looking at the same one to give dart a shot.
That is the unit on audiomarkt i think , it says built in 2006, and 11 years old.
Because its been advertized since 2017 i reckon

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Its not expensive i reckon, but if a unit is 12 years old , there might be some caps that are aging and might need to be replaced, he lists the serial no so you can check.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Nice to know, thank you both for the info. I will ask the seller about the SNCP circuit. Do you think 6900 euro is a fair price for a unit of this age? By the look of the photo in the ad it looks in mint condition;

View attachment 41171

assuming it's real and genuine (read about some fraud on Audiomarkt recently) it is a great buy. a new 108 is $25k USD......same unit. caveat emptor and all that stuff.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Its not expensive i reckon, but if a unit is 12 years old , there might be some caps that are aging and might need to be replaced, he lists the serial no so you can check.

unlikely; but emailing darTZeel could answer that question quickly. I know plenty of guys with 10-15 year old dart 108's and never heard of any issue.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Hé drikus i was looking at the same one to give dart a shot.
That is the unit on audiomarkt i think , it says built in 2006, and 11 years old.
Because its been advertized since 2017 i reckon

Yep it's listed on Audiomarkt, that's where I found it. But it's also listed on Marktplaats, 2dehands and a few UK sites. The seller is based in 38200 Vienne, France it says on Audiomarkt but according to the ad on 2dehands it says he's based in Sint-Truiden, Belgium.

Seems all a bit fishy to me but I have got the serial number, the sellers name and the name of the shop he's got it from. He also gave me the name of the distributor and says this person knows about the sale. I mailed all this to DarTZeel. I'll let you know when they replied.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
What have you got now?

A Lindemann 830S pre and 858 power amp. Reason why I'm looking for a new amp is because the 858 failed for the third time since I've got it and I'm not gonna have it repaired again. I will sell the 830S as well and will use the build-in pre amp of my dCS Puccini player for the moment.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Okay i see nice, if you have it for you some time and you wanna give tubes a shot i Will swap, i have a cat jl2 sign.
May be An Idea for the whats best forum ?
Hifiswap.dotcom , lol.
Or more seriously a part of the site dedicated to people who wanna swap hifi gear, with or without closed wallet.

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
The price is almost too good to be true. I would be extremely cautious buying it. I have sold one recently for 9500 EUR ...

I would not be affraid of buying 10 or 15 years old darTZeel (from a reputable seller), if only it is an umolested example in 9/10 condition - those amps had proven over the years to be extremely reliable.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
The price is almost too good to be true. I would be extremely cautious buying it. I have sold one recently for 9500 EUR ...

I would not be affraid of buying 10 or 15 years old darTZeel (from a reputable seller), if only it is an umolested example in 9/10 condition - those amps had proven over the years to be extremely reliable.

You're right, I think I'm gonna pass. Will wait to make a final decision until I hear back from DarTZeel.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Okay i see nice, if you have it for you some time and you wanna give tubes a shot i Will swap, i have a cat jl2 sign.
May be An Idea for the whats best forum ?
Hifiswap.dotcom , lol.
Or more seriously a part of the site dedicated to people who wanna swap hifi gear, with or without closed wallet.

You want to swap what?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing