My visit to CH Precision in beautiful Switzerland

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
They have mad skills my friend.
I can't speak for others but they have it all together

I have been to CH twice (old office and new), but not the metal shop in La Locle. I have been to old office and new of Goldmund and many times to Dartzeel. Been to the satellite office of Illusonic. Once to Stenheim. I have an open invit to Audio Consulting and would like to visit Nagra. Spent a few hours years back with Rowen.The perfectionist theme is a universally recurring one here. I live in CH and work about 25mins drive from CH Precision. Loris and Florian are very cool people.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Model 201? Is this a new model?
NO what you are seeing is a face plate that they use for color comparison which i done under a special light and they have a standard which all are compared to.

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Some additional info regarding the new updated C1/D1 HD boards and HD link from CH.
“The upgrade is simple to perform. The HD boards replace the current ones. The HD boards fit inside the unit in the slot previously used by the current boards. A firmware update has to be performed to enable the HD boards (firmware on our website). The old boards can be discarded and you don't need to send them back. The old boards don't work with the new piece of firmware and therefore they won't appear in the menus. In other words, you cannot have both the HD and the old board in the same unit. Please note that if both units are inadvertently fitted together in a unit, nothing bad will happen, no board nor the unit will suffer any hardware damage.
The ordering process goes through your dealer, but you can then opt for the dealer to install the board or you can install it yourself. To be on the safe side, I however always recommend you to ask an authorized dealer to perform the update.
The HD boards provide more processing power and is to be seen as a platform for enabling new features. The CH Link HD is the new CH Link between D1 and C1. The transmission mechanism is further improved. Besides, The C1 HD board (DIG_IN_HD) allows a new filter to be implemented, filter that replaces all the previous filters for PCM and DSD (linear phase, minimal phase, etc). This filter is much more complex and resource hungry than the ones it replaces. it is a filter post up-sampler allowing the audio data to be better presented to the converter chips, improving the conversion process.

Thanks to the HD boards and its processing power, future software features can be added simply by software updates.
Please note that no new development will be made to the current C1 DIG In and D1 Dig Out boards.

The cost for the C1 DIG_IN_HD board is $2'500. The cost for the D1 DIG_OUT_HD board is also $2'500. A 1-meter CH Link HD cable costs $2’000.

A product update policy is in place for C1 and D1 units purchased in 2017 and after:
C1: 50% off MSRP (DIG_IN HD)
D1: update free of charge (DIG_OUT_HD)
C1 Mono: all the C1 Mono units ever produced receive the HD upgrade free of charge (DIG_IN_HD). Besides, ordering the C1 to C1 Mono upgrade automatically includes the upgrade to HD board(s) at no cost.

Please note that all the I1 integrated amplifiers will be fitted with the DIG_IN_HD board.”

Hope this helps.
Chris

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello Elliot and Chris,

Many thanks for sharing with us the photos and info on CH Link HD!

Do you have any additional info on the so-called CH C1.1?
Is the new CH Link HD its only improved/new feature?
Or there are still some new features to be announced later?

IMO CH Link HD benefits mostly D1+C1 owners, but there are many C1 owners who use C1 mainly for CAS (as a network dac).

Thank you again!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello Elliot and Chris,

Many thanks for sharing with us the photos and info on CH Link HD!

Do you have any additional info on the so-called CH C1.1?
Is the new CH Link HD its only improved/new feature?
Or there are still some new features to be announced later?

IMO CH Link HD benefits mostly D1+C1 owners, but there are many C1 owners who use C1 mainly for CAS (as a network dac).

Thank you again!
As far as I was told, I don't work for or at CH, I am a dealer like others there is NO ,model change its still a C1 and this is the only change I was informed about.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
show award.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks Steve.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing