My new BMW M2

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Keith. Congratulations!!! That is a nice looking ride.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yes, but Alexias and Masterbuilt cables provide transportation to places the Bimmer can't take you.

Lol.

Nice keith, luckily I am not into cars otherwise would have to fly out for a test drive of yours

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Such a sexy machine.
I never found Beemers desireable until they switched to turbo engines.
But now....

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Great car Keith, I've driven it... can you do 85mph at the exit ramp? :cool:

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Great car Keith, I've driven it... can you do 85mph at the exit ramp? :cool:

Only when you are being chased by your ex-wife. Sorry, that was part of a joke I once heard, when the cop asked the guy in a sports car why he was driving so fast.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Kudos Keith--I've owned the E30 EVOII--- regret ever selling it---enjoy your M:D!

BruceD

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Only when you are being chased by your ex-wife. Sorry, that was part of a joke I once heard, when the cop asked the guy in a sports car why he was driving so fast.

Reminds of the one---

A Cop pulls over a pretty young thing in her sports car

"Miss!--License please--and you were speeding I'm issuing you a Citation"

"Oh Officer I know your joking--your really writing me an invite to the Reno Policeman's Ball"

"Miss!--the Reno Police don't have any Balls!"

:D

BruceD

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Kudos Keith--I've owned the E30 EVOII--- regret ever selling it---enjoy your M:D!

BruceD

That was my college dream car. Back then costed less than some exotic speaker cables now.
Why did I ever switch hobby.:confused:

Tang

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
That was my college dream car. Back then costed less than some exotic speaker cables now.
Why did I ever switch hobby.:confused:

Tang

Ah Tango--we can commiserate in duo:(--Indeed I feel the true Classic M3--to see them blowing off Cosworth RS500s was joy to behold-ha!;)

The E30's were damn easy to chip up 245 BHP at wheels in road trim possible!

Yes the Mistress for which the longing remains--(sigh)!

BruceD

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015

BruceD

+1 as I had a macao blue Cecotto which now sell for @10 times as much as I sold it for almost 20 years ago! The M2 is its spiritual descendant.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
+1 as I had a macao blue Cecotto which now sell for @10 times as much as I sold it for almost 20 years ago! The M2 is its spiritual descendant.

Wow one of the souped ala Ravaglia/etc versions!-- I've seen him and Ceccotto both race.

I feel your Angst--I muse sadly over the same more days than I care to admit:( Mine was White/Grey Black Cloth -Factory new straight to Birds for RHD(superb job)

Super Chip/Bilsteins/SS exhaust/etc/etc.

Hmmm-- Yes I'm told the M2 is an excellent product.

BruceD

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Didn't realise you were in UK Bruce - are you still? I bought mine used and it came with MK Motorsport suspension / BBS split rims but didn't have enough torque to bring the chassis to life. Was followed by a 964RS - now that one I really regret selling!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Well, had a serious spell of bad luck 10 days ago - I was at a stop light right off the 5 freeway, 2 blocks from an event, when a car jumped a curb from a gas station and t-boned me. The guy immediately got out of his car and fled the scene - I believe narcotics were later found and the plates were covered, so likely a small-time dealer.

Good news is that my body and wheelchair are 100% ok - bad news is my 6 week old M2 has over $17k in damage (and counting). There is no frame damage, so the car will be repaired.

IMG_3157.jpg IMG_3158.jpg IMG_3163.JPG

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Very sorry to see that. Glad you are OK. Always terrible when a new vehicle takes a hit. Hope they get it back to the way it was.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Well, had a serious spell of bad luck 10 days ago - I was at a stop light right off the 5 freeway, 2 blocks from an event, when a car jumped a curb from a gas station and t-boned me. The guy immediately got out of his car and fled the scene - I believe narcotics were later found and the plates were covered, so likely a small-time dealer.

Good news is that my body and wheelchair are 100% ok - bad news is my 6 week old M2 has over $17k in damage (and counting). There is no frame damage, so the car will be repaired.

View attachment 42736 View attachment 42737 View attachment 42738

Well that sucks but thankfully you’re ok.

It is amazing how this works. I call it the 2k curse. Most of my encounters with rocks, objects falling off trucks etc occur in the first 2,000 miles.

I’ve had 4 cars where this crap has happened. Maybe the dealer will take the car plus the insurance money and make you a decent deal on a new one. I did that with a Lotus as I didn’t want my new car redone nor did I want to wait. They were accommodating.

Good luck but again big picture your OK!!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Cars are replaceable...not people. Glad you're ok.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Keith, that's no good. Glad your'e ok...that's the main thing. Looking at the photo of the right rear wheel, I don't see how there cannot be frame damage? Right rocker panel also looks severely impacted...not good either. Maybe a second opinion?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing