Munich High-End 2018 Ron Report: Goebel Divin Majestic

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Yes, I agree Mike. Doing this exercise correctly would require the enormous exertions and efforts you describe. Simply bringing in four pairs of speakers on a giant rotating turntable built into the floor just won’t do it.

And sometimes we just have to be content with what we have and just sit down and listen to the music.

Of course that’s easier said than done. First Vince comes along with the Select II blowing away my V. Then I hear the Gobels cables compared to the Nordost. Then in an effort to help my pal pick a good SS amp the CH M1 enters my system and out goes my ARC gear. And last but not least, my 5 year old standard NOLA CGR gets thwarted by allowing Elliot to use my soundroom as a demo for the Aeon Fine until his studio is finished and a pair are now on order.

I’m listening to music again!

This time I SWEAR I’m done just like I said 5 years ago.

Lol

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I do want to thank all the people that came and visited our rooms, The Divin room was packed consistently to overflow throughout the four days.

That's great to hear.

Some things I would like to mention to those who were not able to observe them or did not attend

These rooms have glass back walls ( windows) and the entire front of the rooms are glass as well.
Some of the rooms are smaller and have metal ceilings that are slanted, This is true for many but not all. There are a few rooms that did not fit either criteria but that is only the corner areas that I observed and they have plenty of glass as well.
They room owner gets one day to move all of their gear, furniture room treatments signs etc, into the rooms and set it up for the show.
These are the facts folks, I have to say that most did an amazing job of making these empty shells look great and professional looking. I know from experience that getting them to sound good is quite another story.

Good to remind us of this. Show conditions are just that.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hello Ron and it was a pleasure to finally meet you and chat.
I won't make any comments here on my opinion of what I heard throughout the show. I don't believe that would be considered a positive or a professional thing to do.
I do want to thank all the people that came and visited our rooms, The Divin room was packed consistently to overflow throughout the four days.
Some things I would like to mention to those who were not able to observe them or did not attend

These rooms have glass back walls ( windows) and the entire front of the rooms are glass as well.
Some of the rooms are smaller and have metal ceilings that are slanted, This is true for many but not all. There are a few rooms that did not fit either criteria but that is only the corner areas that I observed and they have plenty of glass as well.
They room owner gets one day to move all of their gear, furniture room treatments signs etc, into the rooms and set it up for the show.
These are the facts folks, I have to say that most did an amazing job of making these empty shells look great and professional looking. I know from experience that getting them to sound good is quite another story.
I think that if I was interested in buying a state of the art system I would do just that. I would listen to systems because that is always what you are hearing. Its not just one item and there are many opinions and tastes need to be addressed here.
I don't agree on the tube for SS debate my response is what does the system sound like. Does it engage me on an emotional level? Does it sound like real music? Does it disappear? Does it transport me? I like time machines and I think that this is very very difficult to achieve and especially at a show.
We all have to make choices and so do the manufacturers displaying their products. I think a show serves a purpose and that is to give you a taste of what is available and if you find that interesting you should definitely seek out a place to really listen to the SYSTEM and perhaps the system you are interested in assembling.
I like single system in a room since that is the only way I am going to use it.
Ron thank you for your time and kind words and perhaps when my room is completed you can visit and we can listen and talk some more.
warm regards,
Elliot

Thank you, Elliot. It was great to meet you in person!

I would welcome that!

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For those without a enormous room and without the ability to buy a Majestic the Noblesse is a killer speaker and after setting it up in Chicago and again with different electronics in Munich I am thrilled to set mine up back in Florida and get mezmorized.
These speakers are so much fun. They do everything. They play loud. You can rock or roll or like this afternoon play the Beethoven's 9th with Choral and just go numb.
They need to be heard here IMHO

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
For those without a enormous room and without the ability to buy a Majestic the Noblesse is a killer speaker and after setting it up in Chicago and again with different electronics in Munich I am thrilled to set mine up back in Florida and get memorized.
These speakers are so much fun. They do everything. They play loud. You can rock or roll or like this afternoon play the Beethoven's 9th with Choral and just go numb.
They need to be heard here IMHO
Hello Elliot,
I heard that Goebel is considering to launch an even smaller model in their Divin Series. This little brother is still a floorstander but will suit smaller listening space.
Is this true? Any insider info to share with us?
Many thanks!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We shall see at this time any reports are purely speculation. I would love to see a less expensive model that would be an entry level into Gobel however until it is real it makes little sense to guess. When I know I will gladly share the knowledge.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
They should definitely consider it particularly for the Divin series....

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
They should definitely consider it particularly for the Divin series....
Agree!
I guess even the Divin Noblesse is too big for more than 50% of audiophiles' listening rooms.
A smaller Divin Series third model will be most welcomed.
I want the similar extreme quality/performance retained but only a smaller size.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Agree!
I guess even the Divin Noblesse is too big for more than 50% of audiophiles' listening rooms.
A smaller Divin Series third model will be most welcomed.
I want the similar extreme quality/performance retained but only a smaller size.
Don't we all and I have an even more selfish motive of having a speaker that many more can afford and use in their homes here in the US!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
First everyone have a great holiday weekend here in the states!
Second one of my all time favorite albums is now available on Qobuz in High res
Richie Havens " Mixed Bag" a real oldie but he was amazing and this album/disc/stream is just one incredible recording and can be just plain scary on a good system.
Last I have spent the last two days fine tuning/moving/tilting/dialing in the feet of my Divin Noblesse speakers and this afternoon a friend stopped by and he freaked out since he heard them last week ( not to shabby then BTW) and we both had goose-bumps. I love what Oliver has made and if you haven't heard them you need too especially if you are considering a speaker change.
They are efficient 95db can really crank and yet they can disappear and be very intimate.

Try Richie- you WILL thank me
Peace!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Simple and boxy can read aesthetically as contemporary and "clean-looking."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing