Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Audio Debuts the TuneTot monitor...here are some early impressions...

Wilson Audio Debuts the TuneTot monitor...here are some early impressions...

Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Digital PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC
    Analog VPI Scoutmaster, Paua II, Audio Research Ref Phono 2
    Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2
    Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4, Furutech Silver Arrow II phono
    Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Shunyata Denali
    Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Thx for sharing. They look cool but, to me, pricey. However, it would be great to have a pair in my home office.

Im a bit let down.. 10K for a mini monitor that does 65 hz.. I have worked with the Scan 15w series and its a amazing driver, Arguably the best 5.5 inch driver made for what it can do, its capable of solid 40to 42 hz in a 13 to 14 liter box... That being said the two way market is a saturated market and tough sell .. Im sure we will see a micro sub to go with these.. A LA Watt Puppy out of necessity !

Remember the Entec was what many used before the Puppy and thus created a desire, and the Puppy was born..

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.P View Post
    Im a bit let down.. 10K for a mini monitor that does 65 hz.. I have worked with the Scan 15w series and its a amazing driver, Arguably the best 5.5 inch driver made for what it can do, its capable of solid 40to 42 hz in a 13 to 14 liter box... That being said the two way market is a saturated market and tough sell .. Im sure we will see a micro sub to go with these.. A LA Watt Puppy out of necessity !

Remember the Entec was what many used before the Puppy and thus created a desire, and the Puppy was born..
    I have to agree with you C.A.P at half the price they might have been a winner but when you factor in market saturation and stiff competition from little gems such as the Boenicke Audio W5 that are much cheaper...I don´t see these going places.

I struggle to understand why anyone would be applauding this speaker's entry into the marketplace.

At half the price, it makes far more sense for what it is. At $10,000, it just seems very overpriced. I can't imagine it being that much better than its competition, that it justifies it's price.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Its not aimed at somebody looking for a mainspeaker or a monitor.
    Its probably aimed at people who have An office and already own a bigger Wilson ..

I have also played with the Idea to make something like that , these days people spent a lot of time behind the computer/desk and like better sound doing so.
    Its cool .

Addicted to Best! thedudeabides's Avatar
    No Wilson bashing but $10K for a computer desktop monitor without the accessories? For "critical - one on one listening? I'm always amazed at "hi-end" gear pricing policies.

Having said that, I'm sure some of the Wilson fans will buy them.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Its well made Gear .
    A collegue of mine who had shitloads of money to spent , always said. ;. Better to expensive then not for sale at all.
    He also said :Never ask where its coming only ask if there is more. Lol
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 05-15-2018 at 10:53 PM.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Thanks for reporting, Lee. If, as you say, these speakers represent a way of getting the Wilson sound at a fraction of the price of the bigger speakers they should be a success.

Considering price I have a reasoning - give me exactly the same sound quality, build quality and service at half the price and I will say it is overpriced. Otherwise it is just net noise.

BTW, I hope that listening to the TuneTot speakers on your desk is not delaying your report on the WAMM - I am looking to read it!
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Gentlemen,

As we discussed many times, value is subjective.

And as we also discussed many times that high end audio is a luxury industry. So if someone enters their office and sits in a $5K chair, a $10K desk, steps on a $10k rug, pours a glass of $250K/ bottle beverage, and turns on their $10K baby wilson speakers... and it makes them feel oh so good...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast