Vyger Atlantis - my new turntable :)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I was joking,Italians like joking

so finish this story
Gian, you once had a audio guru living in one wing of your house. Your wife must be a forgiving woman !

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I remember him calling the German Chancellor an unfuckable lardarse?
Seemed a bit cruel.
And massively self defeating
Merkel is no beautiqueen that is for sure. Trump was not smitten by her either !

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I have re-read through this thread for the positive confirmation bias it provides having ordered an Atlantis. Sorry the thread has been dead for so long, lots of good chuckles too. Hopefully Miss Chau has love affair with Altlantis. As to how she’s gotten along with Tango, Gian, or Bonzo… better not to ask such things ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
. As to how she’s gotten along with Tango, Gian, or Bonzo… better not to ask such things ;)
I don’t know Chau personally. She knows Tang and Gian well and has met Tang, so obviously thinks I am more charming

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Dear Chau,

I have owned 99% of turntables worth consideration.The latest Vyger iterations are my ultimate choice.
I do not know Gian,I have read many of his posts and respect and admire his systems and knowledge.
Equally I do not know Mr. Tang but respect his path and system.Both manage to convey passion and excellence in a foreign tongue.

Fortunately for me I have not lived a life full of bigotry and self entitled twaddle,as such I massively respect these gentlemen and others like them;Larry,Andromeda,853,Big T et al.

One arm,one cartridge great condition vinyl(mono and stereo)

Bill,Kedar and Larry are now good friends to me and I respect their input(loosely)and their heartfelt enthusiasm.

Please may I suggest you contact Enrico for him to personally install for you?

As an aside,I like all low compliance mc and mi devices,I use the Red Sparrow,Sumile,Benz LPs,Garrot Brothers paratrace Blue,Grey bodied FFSS.

The Krimon has my head but the Mayer makes me weep(J Field-Bruch).

I would not part with either.

Kindest regards,G.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
This shows that the General must have had some sub- optimal experience with VYGER TT's or service to these. He used to be a big fan.

Reactions: PeterA

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Or perhaps it shows that there is more to this than one might think !
Please elaborate, Bill gave up his VYEGER too, is there a British problem ?

Reactions: PeterA

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Bill swapped his Atlantis to get the AER BD4 and Mayer 46 to go full DIY. He then put most of his funds in various horn drivers for his DIY journey, in a wood lathe, etc. From a funds perspective, at that time I knew Gian wanted to sell his Bergmann Sindre, which used is only 5 or 6k euro and provides a linear tracker at much lower price than Vyger, so Bill bought that to get some magic of the red sparrow while voicing his DIY speakers. The red sparrow did work on it but not the same everything as Vyger, but for the money sufficed for the objective of focusing on the DIY.

Later when the opportunity came he traded in the Mayer 46 for the Pnoe horn. So now he has the Pnoe with AER BD4, and the Mayer 10y preamp, but not much else from the Vyger RS Mayer 46 system he (and I) would like to have. If you give him whatever, 50 or 75k, he will add those in. But the British problem is we are not Mike or Tang, and cannot get objects we desire with one big bang. We consider hifi seriously expensive once it crosses 5k or 10k, no matter what the sonics. He also has to spend on expanding his room (garden shed due this year), and get a good amp. It is a multi year journey. The good thing is he knows the end state, so he is not concerned, what he experiments with now is just fun at a much lower price, such as different SETs.

If you did give me, instead of one your wives, a million, I would put it first in Vyger RS Mayer 10y/46 Pnoe AER BD5, and rest into records or for another dual FLH speaker like Altec 817 with a restored idler and Dava, and suitable amp, and then records. Won't use all the funds for other gear.

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I am not in the habit of breaking confidences , suffice it to say that if there is a problem it isnt with the new generation Indian or Atlantic
turntables and the all newly , designed from scratch , Titan controller which are now being manufactured to even tighter tolerances since the new part owner Björn Östen got on board .
Perhaps you might ask some of the most recent acquirers of VYGER Viz the two Bob’s ( Rhapsody ) Aviad (Byrdparis) what they think of their machines.

Addendum : I was just editing to add that re acquiring VYGER is very much in Bill‘s future plans , however I see that Kedar has just covered that for you .

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I am not in the habit of breaking confidences , suffice it to say that if there is a problem it isnt with the new generation Indian or Atlantic
turntables and the all newly , designed from scratch , Titan controller which are now being manufactured to even tighter tolerances since the new part owner Björn Östen got on board .
Perhaps you might ask some of the most recent acquirers of VYGER Viz the two Bob’s ( Rhapsody ) Aviad (Byrdparis) what they think of their machines.

Addendum : I was just editing to add that re acquiring VYGER is very much in Bill‘s future plans , however I see that Kedar has just covered that for you .
I am not going to ask VYGER dealers what they think of their TT's, i know what the answer is going to be ! ;)

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I am not going to ask VYGER dealers what they think of their TT's, i know what the answer is going to be ! ;)
Prima Facie naturally , however ask yourself … why would these guys involved in the upper tier of HiFi equipment sales only very recently take the brand on if they were as unreliable as Mr Sami claims ?

Last edited:

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Dear Argonaut,

I am fairly certain that I questioned the repeatability of manufacture. I do not recall using the word reliable.

I answer with bias driven by a conflated set of experiences. I wish every owner and future owners the best of luck.

Whilst latibulating over COVID I was able to explore more thoughtfully the intricacies therein.

Kindest regards,G.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Prima Facie naturally , however ask yourself … why would these guys involved in the upper tier of HiFi equipment sales only very recently take the brand on if they were as unreliable as Mr Sami claims ?
They and i have different goals, they want to sell new VYGERS at a high price if possible. I on the other hand want the prices, especially in the used market sector to go down, so i can afford one, but preferably a turntables that still works ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
They and i have different goals, they want to sell new VYGERS at a high price if possible. I on the other hand want the prices, especially in the used market sector to go down, so i can afford one, but preferably a turntables that still works ;)

Become Denmark distributor. The TT will look cool in those playboy pics

• Haha
Reactions: Bobvin and Lagonda

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
They and i have different goals, they want to sell new VYGERS at a high price if possible.
Which wasn’t the point I was making .being , that is a dealer operating within the upper strata of the High End audio retail market really going to take on a brand with as poor a rate of “frustrating issues” as @zerostargeneral is alluding to ?

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Which wasn’t the point I was making .being , that is a dealer operating within the upper strata of the High End audio retail market really going to take on a brand with as poor a rate of “frustrating issues” as @zerostargeneral is alluding to ?
It's not are they going to take on the brand, more important will be they keep it. New dealers have little experience with long time reliability too ! I am sure the profit margins are great. The only VYGER (a Indian) i have seen in real life, was in a Italien audioshop where i purchased a MBL 9011 amp. It was a beautiful boat anchor that could not be played because of mechanically / air problems, could have picket it up for under $10K :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
Dec 15, 2021
Dear Argonaut,

I am fairly certain that I questioned the repeatability of manufacture. I do not recall using the word reliable.

I answer with bias driven by a conflated set of experiences. I wish every owner and future owners the best of luck.

Whilst latibulating over COVID I was able to explore more thoughtfully the intricacies therein.

Kindest regards,G.

Dec 15, 2021
I take the liberty of commenting on your words which were absolutely clear, correct and unambiguous. I believe that only those who do not want to understand will continue not to do so. I congratulate you for the absolutely correct way in which you address the possible owners of the turntable in question, wishing them the best of luck...

Reactions: PeterA and MRubey

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing