Sold My Dream Speakers For My Dream Speakers

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Well I made a decision I can't step back from. Sold my Nola Concert Grands to help buy the new Gobel Aeon Epoque Fine. When Elliot took them out of my room for Axpona I really missed them. They are now back until Elliot gets his showroom up, which has been taking longing than anticipated, which I am VERY happy about as the lead time for Oliver is 2-3 months for mine to be delivered.

Doing some minor room changes as these things will require a little different requirements than my Nolas. I know Oliver is showing these and the big ones at Munich and I recommend anyone going to Munich stop by to hear them in a larger room than what they were shown in at Axpona. I have a very large room and am truly enamored as to how they sound in such a large room. They may not be everyone's taste but they are truly seamless and I have yet to hear a disappearing act as wonderful as these. I never heard the old ones but Oliver did a masterful job with the Aeon, IMHO.

My ONLY problem now is color? The standard is the silver aluminum front and white lacquer or black aluminum and piano black. I was "thinking" of the silver front with with piano black or Ferrari red. Or should I just stick with silver and white? Choices!

Part-Time Audiophile did a little thing of what they heard at Axpona:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018...debuts-the-aeon-with-bending-wave-technology/

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I show you my speaker the top with mid and tweeter are silver and red Ferrari,so you can have one idea

L1050348.jpg
L1050352.jpg

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I show you my speaker the top with mid and tweeter are silver and red Ferrari,so you can have one idea

View attachment 40808
View attachment 40809

That is GORGEOUS!

My listening chair is coming from Paltona Frau in Ferrari red leather.

Thanks for the pics. I was having a hard time deciding but yours are gorgeous. The Göbel are a flat aluminum not shiny but I still think it will look great.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listen last 2 years Gobel in Munich with CH and was one of the best sound
I also love CH

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I listen last 2 years Gobel in Munich with CH and was one of the best sound
I also love CH

Thanks. I appreciate your input. This year he is showing the new Aeon at Munich which is what I am currently listening to so I have no reference to prior model but this is blowing me away. I’m using a CH M1 with an MSB Select II front end. I’m in heaven

I have all Göbel cables and will be trying his Ethernet cable tomorrow.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
So what's it going to be ?
Gianni Belisssima!!!!
That's quite a system you have

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
My glorious Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 7 in red Ferrari - sorry it was not a neat system!

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 234

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
My glorious Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 7 in red Ferrari - sorry it was not a neat system!

So me all the "redheads"
Its a Testa Rosa Monday

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Where are the images?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Where are the images?
We don't need no stinkin' images!
What's it gonna be boy? Red, White or Black?
I needs to know

OK name the films

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing