Just got my brand new Luxman L507ux Mark II

marba1065

Apr 30, 2018
Hi all,

I just got my brand new Luxman L507ux Mark II and it sounds great! (Although they told me I have to wait about 400 hours to burn in (!!)

The only little problem I have is, the right VU illumination is not as bright as left. (Take a look at the wnd pic)

Should I wait for some time or should I ask for unit’s replacement?

Regards, Manos.

Attachments

• 8E0EE266-AA5F-45CC-9CBA-A3DD813C80BD.jpg
    8E0EE266-AA5F-45CC-9CBA-A3DD813C80BD.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 4,512
  • 1508C5F4-41C6-47A9-B4C4-5FC447B3CD4E.jpg
    1508C5F4-41C6-47A9-B4C4-5FC447B3CD4E.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 196

beckzito

Dec 8, 2018
Hi

Mine dont show that problem, please refer to photo.

20181208_154659.jpg

Also, do you prefer line straight on or off?
In my system, off just thightens the bass and improve stereo image overall.
Whats your findings?

Regards

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
hello Manos of the same name.. I do like Luxmans but I really been impressed by the excellent ATC's!!
congrats and nice auditions!!

howardr

Mar 16, 2022
Hi

Mine dont show that problem, please refer to photo.

View attachment 46245

Also, do you prefer line straight on or off?
In my system, off just thightens the bass and improve stereo image overall.
Whats your findings?

Regards
New response to old post. I find mixed results with line straight. When line straight is on, there are many instances when the music or programming sounds dull, and especially some voices. Turning it off gives a little more brightness and openness when bass and treble are neutral, which, of course, can then be further adjusted to my liking. I find that I'm now more often leaving it off, but still periodically turn it on to compare.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing