Sony A1E OLED

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Anyone have any experience with the A1E series of 4K TVs? I am reading that "As far as picture quality is concerned, it's the best I've seen since the days of the Pioneer Kuro plasma's. This TV has picture quality that rivals and in some cases surpasses those Plasma's."

My calibrated Kuro looks really natural, and it'll be hard to part with this stunner of a plasma...

Thanks

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Anyone have any experience with the A1E series of 4K TVs? I am reading that "As far as picture quality is concerned, it's the best I've seen since the days of the Pioneer Kuro plasma's. This TV has picture quality that rivals and in some cases surpasses those Plasma's."

My calibrated Kuro looks really natural, and it'll be hard to part with this stunner of a plasma...

Thanks

I've had the Sony Bravia XBR 65A1E 65" OLED since last summer. love the whole deal, the screen speakers and integral bass driver, the interface, and the amazing picture.

regular HD content like football games and movies are much more real with the black levels right, and colors so rich and deep, and the best 4K material like Planet Earth II is astonishing.

could not be happier with the purchase. there might be other good choices or less expensive alternatives, but to me the screen speakers make it so easy to live with. I have a Sony VPL VW1000ES 4K front projector in my theatre room in the house with a 124" diag 2:35:1 screen I've watched maybe twice in a year. my wife comes out to my rec room upstairs in the barn and we watch the OLED 65".

also; I still like my now 14 year old 50" Fujitsu plasma in my rec-room in the house. even though only 720p it's picture still 'pops' and I never tire of it.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks Mike, this really helps!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing