Power Conditioning Advice

Dentdog

Jan 5, 2014
Atlanta
Thanks Mike, glad to be a member. I do have "dirty" outlets next to each home run on the wall. Will report back.

Dentdog

Jan 5, 2014
Atlanta
I do have dirty outlets. Can't seem to bear the thought but you have piqued my interest. Sounds deeper, big change for sure. All positive.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
My Equi=tech 10WQ arrived today and will be installed Monday.

I also purchased a bunch of Furutech NCF outlets since I won’t be using a power conditioner. I need the extra capacity. I will have 2 x 3 gangs boxes of outlets for most of my equipment.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Do you have to strap the ground rod to the main house ground in WA Mike or you can have two completely separate grounds feeding the same structure?
david
Just noticed this old post.
By rule and by safety, never have more than one ground rod system in a structure.

In the case of a detached structure, an addition ground rod system may be required. But it will interconnect to the main ground rod system thru the Safety Ground.

Separately Derived Systems have their own set of rules.

Dentdog

Jan 5, 2014
Atlanta
It's been a month since the install of the EquiTech wall unit. I came across a 5WQ for a good price and curiosity got the best of me. And I'm glad. Now my Balanced Power technologies 3.5 Sig Plus has balanced power feeding it into the front end, amps on the wall unit only. So if my info is correct and the wall unit is fed 240 balanced, the system must be seeing balanced throughout. Must be plenty of headroom because dynamics have improved. Having listened to the same setup for 4 years it can safely be said that I didn't have to bring conformation bias into the picture.
Sure, one can improve a system in multiple ways but not sure that this type of improvement can be achieved otherwise. Always felt my system lacked a certain depth and wholeness. Now, very satisfying.
Plugged back into the original house wiring, let's us just say I wouldn't invite my friends over. It's occurring to me that I may be a bit spoiled.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing