Timz Audio Reference

prerich

May 21, 2012
All I can say is ..................Dang! :cool:

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
Very nice, Tim! The Horning, TW combo is fantastic. I've heard this at a few shows in the Highwater Sound suites.

Quick Q - is the vinyl shelving on the left custom made locally? I'd like to find something just like it.
Yes, the shelves on the left side are custom built, no longer an option from that source. So the ones on the right are Mapleshade and I’m quite happy with them.

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas

Woofer and Tweet

Feb 15, 2017
Burbank, California
Welcome to the Forum. I love the panoramic photo of your room/system. It should be a Forum requirement as it is aesthetically correct and offers useful information concerning room set-ups. Possibly a separate one photo "whole system" section without the close-ups. Ehh Dr. Steve / Ron . . . ?

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
So, why no love for the 300B monoblocks? I would love to see some pics of them. Great system, btw.

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
DA99BD07-3A93-481B-B2D8-18FACF4C1259.jpg
@adamaley

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
Besides having a great system in a cozy room, Tim is a very kind person, I'm glad to meet him here!

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
Besides having a great system in a cozy room, Tim is a very kind person, I'm glad to meet him here!
Very nice to see you here as well my friend! We meet in all the cool places! :D

Catcher10

Dec 28, 2018
Have seen your setup on other sites, still looks great, and I am sure sounds as such!!

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
Sorry, but I cannot. My dealer recommended purpose built SRA Ohio Class platforms under my amps and turntable and Symposium Ultra under the speakers. I ordered them all at the same time and never even tried it any other way. He has set up tons of this gear in everything from pristine listening rooms to audio show hotel rooms and I felt like I was in no position to question him. Some have said that makes me a sheep. Baaahhhh......:)
Update.......I did finally try something else under my speakers other than Symposium platforms. I tried Stillpoints Ultra SS. I’ve had them under there for a couple of months now and they stayed. Without getting into a lot of other audio jargon, let’s just say they “freed” the sound. I never really felt like anything was being held back, but I often find that I didn’t realize that something is there or not there until it is or isn’t.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing