Ordered the Pantheon

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Fitted the Gryphon Atlas spike feet today to the Pantheon. The biggest difference is in the tightening of the bass and imaging leading to even more resolution. The bass bloat and boom I had previously with big bass tracks is much reduced and I haven't even moved the Pantheons further out. For some reason the more focused soundstage gives the impression of more loudness with a given volume as compared with the stock POM footers. My wife was an Atlas sceptic so she was very surprised with the improvement in sound. Given the rather substantial sound improvements it's a shame the Atlas is not included with the Pantheon as standard.

Attachments

• 39821253.jpg
    39821253.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 275
  • 39821255.jpg
    39821255.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 39821256.jpg
    39821256.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 39821257.jpg
    39821257.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: Chanc95

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Fitted the Gryphon Atlas spike feet today to the Pantheon. The biggest difference is in the tightening of the bass and imaging leading to even more resolution. The bass bloat and boom I had previously with big bass tracks is much reduced and I haven't even moved the Pantheons further out. For some reason the more focused soundstage gives the impression of more loudness with a given volume as compared with the stock POM footers. My wife was an Atlas sceptic so she was very surprised with the improvement in sound. Given the rather substantial sound improvements it's a shame the Atlas is not included with the Pantheon as standard.
Strongly agree.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I will be trying Echole Obsession speaker cables with the Pantheon. Stay tuned.

Nope. My Gryphon dealer is not able to supply me a pair long enough (4 metre per side) for my requirements.

A pity as the Masterline is a wonderful even handed cable from a frequency response POV. many other cables that we tried contributed to a bloated bass. Whichever cable you go with, I would seriously recommend an i-home audition before you commit to a purchase.
The VIP series has a bigger sound, bigger bass, bigger soundstage, & of course a larger $$ price tag. I am currently using VIP but will order a Masterline cable to keep in case a demo system has too much bass.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
A pity as the Masterline is a wonderful even handed cable from a frequency response POV. many other cables that we tried contributed to a bloated bass. Whichever cable you go with, I would seriously recommend an i-home audition before you commit to a purchase.
The VIP series has a bigger sound, bigger bass, bigger soundstage, & of course a larger $$ price tag. I am currently using VIP but will order a Masterline cable to keep in case a demo system has too much bass.

Philip, is the Masterline copper or silver conductor? I tried reading up from the web but details are scarce to say the least. I will be home auditioning the Echole Obsession at home for a period of time.

eagle3333

Sep 22, 2018
Philip, is the Masterline copper or silver conductor? I tried reading up from the web but details are scarce to say the least. I will be home auditioning the Echole Obsession at home for a period of time.

llsaw - what cable did you go with in the end? I'm hoping to acquire a pair of Pantheons imminently and will be trialling them first with my current Naim Super Lumina.

The Masterline cable is indeed silver over copper and wonderfully balanced / even handed. Definitely worth an audition with the Pantheons.

Last edited:

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
llsaw - what cable did you go with in the end? I'm hoping to acquire a pair of Pantheons imminently and will be trialling them first with my current Naim Super Lumina.

I am currently home auditioning the Echole Obsession which are still being run-in. The sound signature is quiet, neutral and fast. Let me know how it sounds with the Super Lumina.

Echole1.jpg

Echole2.jpg

Echole3.jpg

dedobot

Oct 5, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
llsaw,
put some good,thick carpet under and around the speakers [gorgeous looking they have] . Ceramic tiles is worst thing from the acoustic perspective . I think you'll be amazed from the difference , especially in low freqz and lack of the "boomy" bass which you mentioned few pages back. It will be pleasure for yours bare foots too :)

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
All,

I will likely keep the Echole Obsession. It is a very good speaker cable! Now very interested to try their power cables.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I am currently auditioning the Ansuz D2 speaker cables. These are Ansuz's second from top of the range cables though they might not look like much being even more diminutive compared to the Echole Obsession I was using despite costing 4 times more. The sound however is on another level. The D2s have an energetic, dynamic and fast presentation with more resolution than the Echole Obsession (not a fair comparison here though). It is very good at making 3D sonic images magically "pop-up" around the soundstage. These images are organic sounding with no etch or sharpness. The tonality is very good and you'll never believe you're listening to silver coated copper cables. It seems to combine the speed and dexterity of silver with the warmth and richness of copper. The bass is muscular yet fast and purposeful but its increased "output" likely means I might have to re-position my Pantheons if I were to go for the D2s. My wife summed it best of all when she put down the book she was reading and told me it sounds like I upgraded the speakers. Without doubt the best speaker cables I have ever listened to. Unfortunately my pocket is not that deep. 44996430.jpg
44996427.jpg
44996428.jpg
44996429.jpg

eagle3333

Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for the excellent write-up and pictures llsaw. I'll look at these. Unfortunately I just couldn't live with the amount of bass the demo Pantheons put out in my 24' x 12' room. (Fed by Diablo 300). I had them 4 feet off the front wall and 2' from sidewalls; tried Stillpoints on them (which tightened bass on previous speakers) and spent two full days moving and adjusting their position. All to no avail. The presence and detail were staggering; what really astonished me was how I found myself registering lyrics more than ever before. The coherence these speakers brought to the music, especially the vocals, was a revelation. But, whenever a bass guitar was involved, it was too intrusive. Such a pity because they looked great, too - despite their actual size they didn't dominate the room. Now I'm thinking Mojo S. However, it's mid- range is meant to be same as Pantheon and since my bass issue was more with the mid range I'm a bit concerned it may still be there. We shall see; hear.

eagle3333

Sep 22, 2018
..I just checked out the pricing for D2 cables - I won't be auditioning them!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing