New trends, Artisans in the Hi-End, Kuro SilverGold cables

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
My second batch of grounding cables...or are they Hieukm’s? :rolleyes:

View attachment 42638

Tang

I think it is for both. It is my honour to share a batch with you Sir.

Anywya i think you need to go over board with the cable sir. Make at least 1-2 meter longer than you need so it dont put so much pressure to your post Sir.

:-D

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
The new "Reference" of the "Kuro Ground line" finally arrived.
Recommended for those who need to connect a groundbox

He made a masterpiece.

IMG_4543-50.jpg

IMG_4544-50.jpg

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This Kuro will take Audiocrack grounding scheme to the limit. :D

Tang

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

jturbo

Jan 20, 2018
Lexington, KY
A few days into burning in a Kuro SilverGold Bocchino xlr interconnect. The detail and layering and dynamucs of this cable are excellent!

Thanks Tango and Gian for helping me thru the process!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
A few days into burning in a Kuro SilverGold Bocchino xlr interconnect. The detail and layering and dynamucs of this cable are excellent!

Thanks Tango and Gian for helping me thru the process!

I am glad you like it. The clarity,, image focus, space and air will be even more apparent.

Happy listening,

Tang

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
For those who bought the Kuro SilveGold speaker cables, they take quite a while to break in, especially biwire ones like mine. I was not impressed at all at first day because I didnt hear a thing better than my MIT. But now they are all I ever need from a cable. I havent used the grounding scheme that came with the speaker cables. They are good as is.

What I really dont like about Kuro is they are so damn stiff and heavy putting so much stress on my rca's. You also have to buy longer length to compensate for the bigger arch required due to stiffness. This is the price for their sq.

Tang :)

Last edited:

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
2 weeks ago finally I received a pair of 2 meters RCA KURO SilverGold cables with Bocchino connectors.

10-50.jpg

It was a bit complex to install, due to the fact that they are stiff and heavy. You must pay attention, but once they are adapted they are fit on their own.

14-50.jpg

It is always better to anchor them on a solid support.

15.jpeg

After 24h per day 2 weeks of burn-in period, I've started testing using my "test track list".
  1. Alexander Monty, Calypso,
  2. Rachmaninoff Synfonic Dance,
  3. Paganini La Campanella (Abbado plays a Stradivari),
  4. Korsakov Sheheresade, Reiner version,
  5. Saint Saens, Danse macabre
I could say:
I thought I had reached the maximum (in my system) but I had not yet listened to these cables ...
I just say that a try on this cable is needed. One of the incredible thing which happened is concerning the naturalness and simplicity in the definition of music. The notes flow without any distortion and everything seems to be effortless.
I am amazed by what I listen to and tend to increase the volume more and more.
As far as I am concerned, I consider these cables to be a pure Reference and I hope I have done something good to share this experience with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Just to add which they need almost 300 hours burn-in to reach their operational condition, but also at the first listening they give surprising results.

11-50.jpg

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I could say:
I thought I had reached the maximum (in my system) but I had not yet listened to these cables ...
I just say that a try on this cable is needed. One of the incredible thing which happened is concerning the naturalness and simplicity in the definition of music. The notes flow without any distortion and everything seems to be effortless.
I am amazed by what I listen to and tend to increase the volume more and more.

Congratulations, Paolo! I also have tended to increase the volume more and more with my latest changes. Just make sure you take care of your ears, it's very easy to overdo it. I bought dedicated SPL meters (iPhone apps don't work) and follow NIOSH guidelines.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Congratulations, Paolo! I also have tended to increase the volume more and more with my latest changes. Just make sure you take care of your ears, it's very easy to overdo it. I bought dedicated SPL meters (iPhone apps don't work) and follow NIOSH guidelines.
Thank you, I not use exceed, but with these new Kuro's cables there is not any hint of distortion.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thank you, I not use exceed, but with these new Kuro's cables there is not any hint of distortion.

You're welcome. I know what you mean. I didn't believe cables could audibly distort a signal (similar to an amp), but I learned that inferior ones do, as can clearly be heard compared to better ones.

jturbo

Jan 20, 2018
Lexington, KY
For those who bought the Kuro SilveGold speaker cables, they take quite a while to break in, especially biwire ones like mine. I was not impressed at all at first day because I didnt hear a thing better than my MIT. But now they are all I ever need from a cable. I havent used the grounding scheme that came with the speaker cables. They are good as is.

What I really dont like about Kuro is they are so damn stiff and heavy putting so much stress on my rca's. You also have to buy longer length to compensate for the bigger arch required due to stiffness. This is the price for their sq.

Tang :)

I agree with Tang. The cable sounds wonderful! However, please have a plan for routing the cable as it is similar to routing a heavy gauge stove wire. My XLR cable has probably an 18 - 24 inch bend radius. You will probably want an extra 1/2 meter more than you think is needed with other cables.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Emiliano of Kuro sent me a 9 meter interconnect. I opened the box and found the biggest rca connector I have ever seen. It is bigger than my thumb. I don't know what model of Bocchino this thing is.

078F0748-5B10-4755-91C4-2514065CFF95.jpeg

I am using it to connect my left side amp to preamp. The other side I use 7 meters with Gold Bocchino. I don't hear abnormality using unequal length interconnects that some people worry about. No time lag no nothing. In fact this new Kuro SilverGold with big ass connector makes my system sounds even more... just music.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Emiliano of Kuro sent me a 9 meter interconnect. I opened the box and found the biggest rca connector I have ever seen. It is bigger than my thumb. I don't know what model of Bocchino this thing is.

View attachment 55713

I am using it to connect my left side amp to preamp. The other side I use 7 meters with Gold Bocchino. I don't hear abnormality using unequal length interconnects that some people worry about. No time lag no nothing. In fact this new Kuro SilverGold with big ass connector makes my system sounds even more... just music.

Kind regards,
Tang
Dear Mr Tang,

You did not upgrade to the best Kuro geometry cable? The RCA connector looks crazy.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This is absolutely the RCA top Bocchino never made
Is the biggest and is in silver plated platinum

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
For new geometry cable is absolutely the same,the 2 conductor are outdistanced and parallel instead twisted together,
could be has more sense and find more different in XLR cable where conductor are 3

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
It looks like the B3 model which weighs in at almost 125 grams. The torque from the locking ring is very powerful and could crush a thin pcb mounted rca jack.

All the Bocchino plugs have a silver base plating with the option of platinum (mostly) or gold (less frequently) being added. The difference in sonic presentation between these platings is pretty significant in my experience.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Mr Tang,

You did not upgrade to the best Kuro geometry cable? The RCA connector looks crazy.
Hello Hieukm,

No upgrade needed. My SilverGold is good as is. I only told Emiliano to do me a one side only 9 meter interconnect because I plan to relocate my amp when my subs arrive. I did not ask for this connector I didn't even know about this connector but Emil wanted the best for me so he put one on for me. It sounds great. I could not ask anything more.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing