Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

ptman

Dec 23, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The amps were prototypes from High Fidelity, the cable company.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
View attachment 40011

Von Schweikert Audio with VAC. Good Room, but missing the vital ASC tube traps this year. It was soooo much better last year.

..everyone who heard the VSA room last year, including me, said this year’s room won hands down. Last year’s room was square and caused all kinds of problems...not so this year. IMO it was best of show by a mile..

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Very generally speaking, placed way, away from walls, as you can see in the pictures, the speakers seemed to completely disappear... room almost disappeared... Great sub integration with the speaker and the room. Speaker seemed seamless from the top, down to the subs.

Sonic signature is one of dynamic ease. There is an open and clear sound, like an electrostatic or an MBL. Heck, it's the sound of the Absolute Sound because Harry Pearson said so. :)

Not sure what the amps were, but I liked the tonal balance: not too lean and not too rich. Overall, sounded as good as I have ever heard it.

Obviously Mobiusman disagrees, so take it with a grain of salt. :)
Thanks caesar. If what you wrote is true, how can anyone declare that as bad sound? Perhaps Mobiusman would like to explain his side of the story...

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Thanks caesar. If what you wrote is true, how can anyone declare that as bad sound? Perhaps Mobiusman would like to explain his side of the story...

Very generally speaking, placed way, away from walls, as you can see in the pictures, the speakers seemed to completely disappear... room almost disappeared... Great sub integration with the speaker and the room. Speaker seemed seamless from the top, down to the subs.

Sonic signature is one of dynamic ease. There is an open and clear sound, like an electrostatic or an MBL. Heck, it's the sound of the Absolute Sound because Harry Pearson said so. :)

Not sure what the amps were, but I liked the tonal balance: not too lean and not too rich. Overall, sounded as good as I have ever heard it.

Obviously Mobiusman disagrees, so take it with a grain of salt. :)

Caesar, I'm a partisan (though I got to the speaker as a customer -- loved the sound -- before becoming a dealer and helping to run the show), but have to say I think your description is spot-on and lines up with the design goals of the speaker.

The amps are 70w/channel monos by High Fidelity Cables.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Thanks for the picture and coverage caesar! I wish you had introduced yourself - I was eager to meet some of the guys here on WBF.

Another Excellent "reasonably priced" system: Rosso Fiorentino with Mastersound integrated.

View attachment 40156

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing