WHo is she

remdeck

Apr 10, 2018
Coming to my absolute favourite Maria Mena .

All CDs and vinyl are in my collection. Seen and hear her performing live was one of the most memorable moments...

Leaving you

In spring there will be a new album.
Not OK is the first single of this new album.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Superb new album from SOUND LIAISON with new mega talented singer song writer ODELION. Incredible SQ and masterfully crafted songs and arrangements. I have been listening to this the whole weekend, the songs really stays, and the lyrics keeps coming back in my mind when not playing the album so I have just left it on repeat. Great dynamic range too.

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Superb new album from SOUND LIAISON with new mega talented singer song writer ODELION. Incredible SQ and masterfully crafted songs and arrangements. I have been listening to this the whole weekend, the songs really stays, and the lyrics keeps coming back in my mind when not playing the album so I have just left it on repeat. Great dynamic range too.
Last chance to get the album at a reduced price. The sale ends this weekend; ODELION NORTHERN LIGHTS

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
wow thanks for the introduction, got it and love it - amazing album, thanks again:)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

APP

Oct 1, 2014
It does not get better than this. Music and soundstage. The Sound Liaison.com one microphone recordings are really something.

"In New Orleans, we celebrate everything. It’s probably the only place you’ll see people dancing in a funeral home" — Trombone Shorty

"The advantages of the One Microphone approach to recording are obvious; phase coherence, perfect imaging, great sense of depth, superior realism. Another advantage is that it forces the band being recorded to really play. There is nowhere to hide, no fixing it in the mix, so this is where it helps being a real band. Mixing is no longer possible. We have to create the complete sound stage at the spot by carefully moving each instrument closer or further away as well as left and right in relation to the microphone. The benefits of this way of working is that the result is completely free of phase errors and that the sound is very natural with a wide deep soundstage. So far all musicians have been struck by the incredible authenticity of the recordings and commented that they never heard their instrument sound so real and lively."

Frans de Rond - Sound Liaison

Reactions: Gregadd

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Reactions: APP

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Reactions: Migo

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Reactions: Migo

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

APP

Oct 1, 2014
wow thanks for the introduction, got it and love it - amazing album, thanks again:)
love it - amazing album, thanks again:)
Native DSD has a Carmen Gomes special going at the moment with a very interesting making off producers note;

In The Studio with Carmen Gomes​

Producer Peter Bjørnild has written an extensive and fascinating Producer’s Note about making recordings with Carmen Gomes. Hoping to inspire you to listen to this wonderful singer and her band, we offer 15% Off the album(s) – automatically reduced in price in your cart.

To top it off, every Carmen Gomes album purchase now comes with an exclusive-to-NativeDSD video of the track “How Long”, made during the recording session of the album Don’t You Cry! The video is included in any purchase of her three albums at NativeDSD.
Recording Reports

In The Studio with Carmen Gomes – Producer’s Note​

As I am writing this I am listening with my player randomly playing through these Sound Liaison recordings with Carmen Gomes Inc., I notice similarities and differences. If I name the similarities first, that’s the easy list. It’s the same band, recorded in the same room by the same engineer. The sound of the albums all have the Frans de Rond Visual Sound signature, great depth, clear placement and an almost physical presence of the musicians.

As each album was created in very different circumstances the list of differences is longer. Below I take you ‘backstage’ at the recording sessions of Carmen Gomes’ three DSD/DXD releases, available at NativeDSD Music. ........https://www.nativedsd.com/recording-reports/in-the-studio-with-carmen-gomes-producers-note/

and Carmen also sells Redbook CD's on her BandCamp site;

https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
DIana Krall Live in Paris
A Case of you- Tidal music service
Quite an effort

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
The album just won a dutch grammy and it is therefore at reduced celebration offer; https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/652-northern-lights-odelion

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Sophie Milman
Rocket Love
Tidal music services

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing