Finances | Business | Investments | Tesla Shares

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Facebook shares are down 14% | Big social media | Lost of trust and confidence | Privacy violated

https://www.thestar.com/business/20...fter-cambridge-analytica-privacy-scandal.html

Elon Musk deleted his two Facebook accounts with millions of followers.

Cambridge Analytica, as you all probably know by now, is making worldwide news, and not in a positive way. The impact is profound, shares of companies are losing their values, some investors are disenchanted, ...this is not good for the finances overall and for the public trust.

Anyone has any thought? There are some big shots behind, some articles are real openers.
____

Some background history, from the Canadian side, and from Victoria, British Columbia ...
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...his-big-break-from-canadian-bilingualism.html

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thx Roger for sharing some of the most important moments of our times, no doubt about it.

Everything feels like . . . a chain reaction, a precipice circus ride.
...A banned roller coaster ride.
_____

Here's a short video just for fun that best describes how some people like living on the edge:

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Thx Roger for sharing some of the most important moments of our times, no doubt about it.

Everything feels like . . . a chain reaction, a precipice circus ride.
...A banned roller coaster ride.
_____

Here's a short video just for fun that best describes how some people like living on the edge:

Thanks...ahh to be young and fearless No Fear! Expect the unexpected! Fear be damned....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I don't know if some of you have heard about the latest recall, 123,000 model S,
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/au...t-half-cars-it-ever-built-shares-tank-n861421
the latest investigation on the latest crash, the model X, the latest developments on the model 3, all that Tesla jazz, and I don't know how many of you care or don't care, but anyway this thread is about all of that and more, free to read for people with any interest in Tesla and the main man behind SpaceX.

? https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-elon-musks-easy-ride-at-tesla-is-over/
_____

Extra: https://www.google.com/amp/embedded...is-so-dangerous-for-zuckerberg%2Famp&ampidx=0

"User trust has fallen off a cliff. And though Facebook is attempting to slap a Band-Aid on the situation through actions like shutting down its Partner Categories tool, which let marketers target advertisers using third-party data generated by back-end business-to-business companies, its efforts will only be hampered by sentiments like those contained in the “Ugly” memo—sentiments many believe hew closer to the truth than Facebook would like to admit."

Last edited:

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I don't know if some of you have heard about the latest recall, 123,000 model S,
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/au...t-half-cars-it-ever-built-shares-tank-n861421
the latest investigation on the latest crash, the model X, the latest developments on the model 3, all that Tesla jazz, and I don't know how many of you care or don't care, but anyway this thread is about all of that and more, free to read for people with any interest in Tesla and the main man behind SpaceX.

? https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-elon-musks-easy-ride-at-tesla-is-over/
_____

Extra: https://www.google.com/amp/embedded...mo-is-so-dangerous-for-zuckerberg%2Famp&idx=0

"User trust has fallen off a cliff. And though Facebook is attempting to slap a Band-Aid on the situation through actions like shutting down its Partner Categories tool, which let marketers target advertisers using third-party data generated by back-end business-to-business companies, its efforts will only be hampered by sentiments like those contained in the “Ugly” memo—sentiments many believe hew closer to the truth than Facebook would like to admit."

I got the recall notice. Nothing for me to worry about. So far it's only been parking break fix - never a problem, and steering bolts that might corrode and cause steering to be stiff - only where they use salt on the roads. These are really minor compared to exploding air-bags, shifters that move and start the car moving (Jeep), CO in the cabin making people pass-out (Ford Explorer) and other recent ICE recalls. I'll stick with my Tesla thank you. No safer, more green, great performing car on the planet. Performance includes acceleration, handling, comfort and cost of operation in money and time. Teslas will still be on the road after a Million miles. There are still electric fans in use that were sold in the 1920's.

I'll never buy another filthy ICE car. No more fumes. No more shifting of gears. No more oil spots on the garage floor. No more oil changes. No more recycling of oil.

These are just minor speed bumps in the Tesla expansion. People and particularly big oil lobby are just looking for anything to discredit Tesla. Big oil realizes that it' only a matter of time before all cars and public transport will be electric.

Facebook on the other had has been the evil empire from the start, luring people to share their personal information so they can use a free community communication platform. I never joined, at least under my real name. You can still be anonymous with Twitter.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Steve, it's all good, I'm good with Tesla. I started the thread on a business aspect, Tesla shares, and everything related to Elon Musk entrepreneurial leadership; investments, developments, finances and all, including expenditures, manufacturing, deliveries, quality control, ecologic impact, shareholders, all that jazz.

The Tesla shares have certainly lost some of its value, and Elon is few billions less richer. But I agree with you; there's nothing serious to sweat about, all small peanuts really on a company ahead of everyone else. It's only a small dent making the news, nothing else. It sounds impressive with the numbers; 123,000 and $ $$$$$$$$$$ lost in value, and it kind of is, viewed from above.

Facebook came into play when Elon deleted, and for good reason, his two Facebook accounts.
Facebook lost several billions in market shares...all business related...Cambridge Analytica, The British. ...The Russians, the Canadians, the Americans, ...

Twitter I know nothing I see nothing I hear nothing...it's invisible on my radar.
Should I join and check if I can find audiophiles with good investments?

Anonymous...I like that word; it sounds like hippopotamus. :b
___

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tesla-fatal-crash-autopilot-selfdriving-car-1.4601297

Last edited:

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Steve, it's all good, I'm good with Tesla. I started the thread on a business aspect, Tesla shares, and everything related to Elon Musk entrepreneurial leadership; investments, developments, finances and all, including expenditures, manufacturing, deliveries, quality control, ecologic impact, shareholders, all that jazz.

The Tesla shares have certainly lost some of its value, and Elon is few billions less richer. But I agree with you; there's nothing serious to sweat about, all small peanuts really on a company ahead of everyone else. It's only a small dent making the news, nothing else. It sounds impressive with the numbers; 123,000 and $ $$$$$$$$$$ lost in value, and it kind of is, viewed from above.

Facebook came into play when Elon deleted, and for good reason, his two Facebook accounts.
Facebook lost several billions in market shares...all business related...Cambridge Analytica, The British. ...The Russians, the Canadians, the Americans, ...

Twitter I know nothing I see nothing I hear nothing...it's invisible on my radar.
Should I join and check if I can find audiophiles with good investments?

You should join and help to protect the planet and the human race from annihilation from Global Warming. Education is the key, dispelling myths, propaganda and misinformation. Grass-roots is the method.

You should join to try to protect the few remaining Democratic countries from Russian propaganda, trying to undermine them. Canada is not immune, just not on their radar.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It's a challenge just to be a member of the l'ONU...L'Organisation des Nations unies (UN). And when you are there the forces of power are stronger than the forces of United peace, common sense.

Money, power, control, armies, technological advancements, ... are the essence of human nature. Two billions years isn't enough time to make a turnaround.

It would take a blue moon, a star falling down and a light from above the skies to send more Roadsters with real drivers into space.

Best to stick with Pepsi, Colgate, Coca-Cola, Palmolive, Apple and Tesla.
Barbecues, baseball games, hotdogs, Disneyland, Hollywood and movies.
_____

Oil and guns...very lucrative in the year 2018. ...All the money in the world...

Elon Musk is a good guy with good ideas. I saw interviews on YouTube, he would need few thousands clowning DNA impregnated into AI robots to make a more impactful dent on the planet and the 7.65 billion people who live on it, for the benefit of all, and not for the only few.

Here we keep improving our knowledge, our sound systems, our music evolution and our investments...our lifestyle. ...Good for the family, for the continuity.
WBF is no UN.

:b

* I do have a Twitter account, I just don't talk about it...I keep it discreet, very.
___

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tesla-fatal-crash-autopilot-selfdriving-car-1.4601297
There is a short video, less than six minutes long in the link above, it's an overall business view of Tesla's latest financial situation and market share value; recommended for people like me who have an interest in the investment world of Tesla, and beyond.

http://driving.ca/tesla/model-s/aut...-crash-more-frequently-than-other-luxury-cars

Last edited:

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I waited nearly 2 years for model 3 to be available , but it was a lot of marketing instead of road tests .
So I bought recently a BMW i3 94 Ah REX built with very modern materials and concepts.
The car is already a few years on the market, it’s reliable , safe and the brand is premium quality, proven not declared.
It’s my comment to Mr Tusk ambitions and all this Tesla PR.
New Nissan Leaf and Huyndai Ioniq are other available options.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It's reality checking time for Mr. Musk. His magic is fading away, fast...in dollars. ...And more. Time will tell what those Tesla shares are worth overall.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

This is brilliant. Put the kid prone into the tube and seal it. Provide oxygen inside for 10 hours. Then just drag it out with a rope and winch. Can maybe even connect several together.

Steve N.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing