Broken In and Amazing

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I won’t be at Axpona but Elliot will be taking the Aeons from my room to show there.

I know he will be showing with CH Precision which he recently took delivery of and is busy burning them in before the show in addition to setting up his studio.

Now 10 days+ the new Epoque Fine Aeons are a spectacular speaker. I personally have never experienced a speaker as neutral, transparent and accurate as these. It is VERY HARD to believe these are the same speakers from 10 days ago. 10 days ago out of the box I was worried.

I really recommend people stop by and listen. I am now a believer in what I thought was impossible. These things are the most accurate and resolving speakers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Other brands I have owned have resolved with the cost of of some harshness at the top end (no not my NOLAs, rather not name the brand(s) to protect myself from attacks). These are just right. These are not speakers that produce a muddy or somewhat “bloated” mid bass to satisfy a certain type listener. Setup properly they are as dynamic as any possibly with the exception of the lowest most octave. However the bass is dead on accurate, resolving and spectacular.

Vocals are in another dimension as are strings and horns. Nothing I have heard quite like it.

Even the most complex of music where there is a “blending” of the players each and every layer of detail can be accurately placed.

Speakers give a more refined holographic presentation without bloat and with perfect dimension and placement than any panel speaker I have ever heard.

I never heard his last Fine but the Aeon is a real winner in my book. Now if only I could afford them.

Plus they passed the “wife test” on looks and she actually listened and was shocked. Never happened before. She wanted to hear more. I kicked her out as I wanted my crappy chair back, which is soon being replaced as some of you know.

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I won’t be at Axpona but Elliot will be taking the Aeons from my room to show there.

I know he will be showing with CH Precision which he recently took delivery of and is busy burning them in before the show in addition to setting up his studio.

Now 10 days+ the new Epoque Fine Aeons are a spectacular speaker. I personally have never experienced a speaker as neutral, transparent and accurate as these. It is VERY HARD to believe these are the same speakers from 10 days ago. 10 days ago out of the box I was worried.

I really recommend people stop by and listen. I am now a believer in what I thought was impossible. These things are the most accurate and resolving speakers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Other brands I have owned have resolved with the cost of of some harshness at the top end (no not my NOLAs, rather not name the brand(s) to protect myself from attacks). These are just right. These are not speakers that produce a muddy or somewhat “bloated” mid bass to satisfy a certain type listener. Setup properly they are as dynamic as any possibly with the exception of the lowest most octaves. However the bass is dead on accurate, resolving and spectacular.

Vocals are in another dimension as are strings and horns. Nothing I have heard quite like it.

Even the most complex of music where there is a “blending” of the players each and every layer of detail can be accurately placed.

Speakers give a more refined holographic presentation without bloat and with perfect dimension and placement than any panel speaker I have ever heard.

I never heard his last Fine but the Aeon is a real winner in my book. Now if only I could afford them.

Plus they passed the “wife test” on looks and she actually listened and was shocked. Never happened before. She wanted to hear more. I kicked her out as I wanted my crappy chair back, which is soon being replaced as some of you know.

Thank you for your hospitality and the amazing listening session last evening. I heard things last night that I had not ever heard before even from recordings I have played hundreds of time on various systems including the previous Fine speakers last year in Munich. These speakers are hard to describe for me since I am not a wordsmith. I think the best word I can use to describe what I heard was "PURE." The Dizzy Gillespie, Clark Terry recording you played last night was just that PURE. I can't say more than we listening to the entire album in silence as this group appeared in your room. You did an amazing job as "DJ" for the evening and I hope our room at Axpona will allow us to approach the sound in your room. Oliver will be there to assist in the set up and of course to answer questions about the design and the bending wave driver.
Once last thing they certainly look nice in your room and they are a lot smaller than the Nola's even though they are heavier.
Thank you again for all your help and hospitality!

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic report. I’m really happy to get feedbacks from customers and experts like you are. Actually these feedbacks are the reward for me. For all our commitment, love and hard work we put in our products.
I hope to visit your place in the nearer future and get to personally know you.
Have a great Eastern time.

Regarding the upcoming AXPONA, I’m already looking forward to it. Enjoying good music and to personally discuss our technologies.

All the best,
Oliver

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao dear Oliver,

like i wrote before your speaker with CH was among the 2/3 best sound in Munich,so in USA where is big with people with money you will have good success.
Ciao
Gianluigi

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Ciao dear Oliver,

like i wrote before your speaker with CH was among the 2/3 best sound in Munich,so in USA where is big with people with money you will have good success.
Ciao
Gianluigi

Ciao Gianluigi,

Many thanks, I really appreciate it. But please note that the last years it was the Epoque line. Now the updated Epoque Aeon line is again so much better in all fields, you definitely will be amazed.
Are you visiting the Munich show this year?

All the best,
Oliver

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This year i cannot come.

Which are the mainly sound differences between old Epoque and the new Aeon?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Ciao Gianluigi,

Many thanks, I really appreciate it. But please note that the last years it was the Epoque line. Now the updated Epoque Aeon line is again so much better in all fields, you definitely will be amazed.
Are you visiting the Munich show this year?

All the best,
Oliver
I spent last evening getting a last listening session with the Aeon Fine at Priaptor's lair before we have to remove the speakers to take to Axpona next week.
Had a great evening listening to some amazing music both old and new. Howie had made a few room acoustic changes from his previous set up that were no longer required with the Aeon. I don't know whether that was entirely what I was hearing or just the speakers having more time on them to fully break in but the result was truly magical.
The Aeon has the ability to make you forget that you are listening to a stereo system and just get lost in the music. The speakers which are much smaller than the Nola CGR that were there before don't sound that way at all and in fact its quite the opposite effect. I think the Nola's are a wonderful product and I have seriously enjoyed listening to them for the past 4 years however the BENDING WAVE is something special and different and allows you to really become involved with the music unlike any speaker I have heard before.
I hope that we are able to produce sound close to this at Axpona so that people can hear what Oliver has created. I know that I am the importer and that makes my credibility be questioned by readers however the speakers have exceeded my expectations.
Listening included Dizzy and Clark Terry live a 55 year old recording
Chris Cornell unplugged in Sweden Billy Jean was incredible
Anders Osborne - When I am back on my feet- one of my all time suggestions and favorites
William Tell Overture
Halo- don't remember by who but its not Beyonce
Supertramp
and a few new discoveries by the Priaptor who always has some interesting nuggets up his sleeve.

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
This year i cannot come.

Which are the mainly sound differences between old Epoque and the new Aeon?

Ciao Gianluigi,

It's a pity that you can't come. Had loved to welcome you.

Actually I don’t know where to begin and where to stop in describing the sound differences.
We really reworked and rethought every part of the Epoque Aeon loudspeakers. Of course starting from the carbon excellence bending wave driver, the bass drivers, the enclosure material, the foot, the feet, the mechanical coupling, the crossover topology and parts quality, …
The bass to the carbon excellence bending wave driver is perfectly adapted. The speed, impulse response, coherence and fine details from the bending wave down to the bass. The natural sound stage in width and depth. Even better phase and frequency response, … You see, it is hard for me to only name a few differences, as there are so many and I can go on and on.
But as always, hearing is believing.

All the best,
Oliver

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing