FINALLY Found A Listening Chair I Want

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Every time I go on a chair hunt everyone points me towards Ekornes. Trouble is they're only sorta comfortable for me... Still can't stop thinking about the One chair that I haven't been able to ever track down again.

Backs and butts and necks and orthopedic issues are highly idiosyncratic, and chairs feel different to each body.

I, personally, find uncomfortable very cushiony, soft, marshmallow-y chairs that most people find very comfortable. I also like in car seats a strong and protruding lower lumbar support which would make most people complain "get your foot out of my back!"

Not necessarily for audio purposes, though I personally like it for audio listening, but the chair that I have found to be the most widely comfortable for the most people is the Human Scale Freedom Chair. See Post #22 supra.

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
HP may have had the perfect answer with his Barbers chair
--he could pump up to the correct /variable heights of differing ear/tweeter placements etc:)

Sadly 90% of the comfortable variety shown in these posts do not figure in my case--the SFG Homages have the Tweet 4 ft from the floor!
I'm still looking for used Barbers:confused:

BruceD

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
HP may have had the perfect answer with his Barbers chair
--he could pump up to the correct /variable heights of differing ear/tweeter placements etc:)

Sadly 90% of the comfortable variety shown in these posts do not figure in my case--the SFG Homages have the Tweet 4 ft from the floor!
I'm still looking for used Barbers:confused:

BruceD
You can find them on eBay.

david

Reactions: BruceD

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
You can find them on eBay.

david
Indeed I peruse all sites frequently-- but the stars haven't aligned as yet-ha!--either too old, too big, too grotty, won't ship/etc --finding one within grabbing distance is a chore--but I'm keeping options open, I have a normal salon adjustable in the meantime-but it only goes to 20"
I'm certain something will be suitable --the search continues:)
Thank you,

BruceD

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Trab

Apr 3, 2017
Cracow / Poland
That's my favorite. Missed the opportunity to buy one at special price - isn't cheap, and regret ever since. Need start to collect some side money, but it is nearly impossible as I spent more than I have for old tubes. :)

jupiter.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew S.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
"Backs and butts and necks and orthopedic issues are highly idiosyncratic, and chairs feel different to each body."

After 200 some odd chairs in 3 or 4 different states? I agree whole-wholeheartedly! Search for "the one".

Tom

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Looks nice, Jim!

Reactions: pjwd

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
Chairs in my RoomPlay Reference demo room - had them for 20 years or so. Sorry about the second image - it'll need to be clicked on to be full size.

Sonic Guild

Mar 1, 2017
Wondering if any id you have tried the Lobster chair?
It looks nice but nit quite sure if it is comfortable or not.

I wish if there is a chair that looks good, comfortable and height adjustable.
Any recommendations

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
An old leather recliner covered over with a chineal carpet.

Attachments

• IMG_20210415_113724.jpg
    IMG_20210415_113724.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: rando

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
I'm planning to buy one of these chairs with the ottoman:

They are super comfortable. There is also a model with more padding, but I prefer this one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing