Thread: Zero Distortion: Magic M3 with Jadis 200, Techdas AF3 and AF1

is that the da-88s in there?
    now that is a beautiful integrated!

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by analog brother View Post
    is that the da-88s in there?
    now that is a beautiful integrated!
    It is an I-88 http://www.jadis-electronics.com/en/i88-52.php

I like the aesthetics of the I-88 as much as ANY Jadis piece. The sound is VERY GOOD with 90 Watts of Pure Class A. Even has a built in dac and a remote.
    Last edited by rvisinta; 03-13-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Audio Dealer/Distributor NYC Two Manhattan locations
    http://www.rhapsody.audio

TechDAS, Lyra, Koetsu, Goldmund, Jadis, Magico, Kaiser, Raidho, Critical Mass Systems, Zesto Audio, Vitus, Kii Audio, CEC, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Aurender, Devialet, Alta-Audio, Scansonics, REL Acoustics, Ortofon, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, Acoustic System International, Novum, Bybee Technologies

Addicted to Best! thedudeabides's Avatar
    Hi Ked,

Love reading your reviews. Insightful, detailed, and honest. One comment if I may.

You mentioned in another thread that Fremer's room was not well suited for judging (due to all the clutter I assume) the quality of audio gear. Well, this room looks as cluttered, if not more, than MF's room yet you seemed to have liked what you heard.

I, for one, could not relax and enjoy music in a room like that. Way too much stuff.

Best.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    His room is cluttered but quite big, not small. The smaller speakers like magico and Alta have more than enough space from the walls. Only the Alexandria behind them, there temporarily, does not show you depth from the front wall. The pics also don't show you how far back the rear wall is

Also, this room is meant to swap gear around to get flavors, not to do a final set up and listen to one system like Mike's.

You go here to get flavors of gear. Do you want SS on Magico? Valves? Etc
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    His room is cluttered but quite big, not small. The smaller speakers like magico and Alta have more than enough space from the walls. Only the Alexandria behind them, there temporarily, does not show you depth from the front wall. The pics also don't show you how far back the rear wall is

Also, this room is meant to swap gear around to get flavors, not to do a final set up and listen to one system like Mike's.

You go here to get flavors of gear. Do you want SS on Magico? Valves? Etc
    Thx Ked.....that's being very kind. It's a ZOO But it works and like you say customer's come in and want to hear lot's of different combinations and I've found they like to do it in the same space. When I do permanent installations in clients homes/rooms of course it's usually one set of speakers and electronics/sources.

The room litereally changes from week to week....keeps it fun. Don't forget that this is a store where changing equipment is a constant situation.

It's funny, if you look at the pic from Ked's last visit in 2016 the M3's are the only thing that is the same in both pics. Every other item is different.

People have a hard time relating to the Rhapsody space from pics unless they've visited. Like David Chesky said "It has a vibe in here".
    Last edited by rvisinta; 03-13-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    Audio Dealer/Distributor NYC Two Manhattan locations
    http://www.rhapsody.audio

TechDAS, Lyra, Koetsu, Goldmund, Jadis, Magico, Kaiser, Raidho, Critical Mass Systems, Zesto Audio, Vitus, Kii Audio, CEC, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Aurender, Devialet, Alta-Audio, Scansonics, REL Acoustics, Ortofon, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, Acoustic System International, Novum, Bybee Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by rvisinta View Post
    It is an I-88 http://www.jadis-electronics.com/en/i88-52.php

I like the aesthetics of the I-88 as much as ANY Jadis piece. The sound is VERY GOOD with 90 Watts of Pure Class A. Even has a built in dac and a remote.
    nice one, yes thought it looked a bit smaller than 88s.
    still a nice unit though.
    these are some very musical integrateds; and now the current models have some oomph as well as finesse.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345