Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Wing Seiryu arrives at Believe High Fidelity

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Congratulations Tang. Excellent photograph. I look forward to reading about your impressions, especially relative to the Opus 1 and Atlas SL. At the rate you are going, your many cartridges should all have very few hours on them.
    Thank you Peter. I described quite a bit about Opus1 relative to Atlas SL in Madfloyd’s thread in another forum that you are also in.
    I listened to the Red Sparrow for a few hours today on SAT/AF1P. Can’t judge the cart while it’s still cold. But it certainly reminds me of the time I listened to Atlas SL on the same arm in my system for the first time. If one is not accustomed to hearing super details and transparent cart, he can easily be impressed by this Red Sparrow the first heard.

Kind regards,
    Tang

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Congratulations Tang. Excellent photograph. I look forward to reading about your impressions, especially relative to the Opus 1 and Atlas SL. At the rate you are going, your many cartridges should all have very few hours on them.
    +1.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Believe High Fidelity's Avatar
    Great photo and look forward to hearing your impressions Tang.
    Believe High Fidelity Ltd is the North American Distributor for:

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis
    Top Wing

Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

Email: j@Ibelieveinhifi.com
    Web: www.ibelieveinhifi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Thank you Peter. I described quite a bit about Opus1 relative to Atlas SL in Madfloydís thread in another forum that you are also in.
    I listened to the Red Sparrow for a few hours today on SAT/AF1P. Canít judge the cart while itís still cold. But it certainly reminds me of the time I listened to Atlas SL on the same arm in my system for the first time. If one is not accustomed to hearing super details and transparent cart, he can easily be impressed by this Red Sparrow the first heard.

Kind regards,
    Tang
    Yes, I had read your comments about the Opus/Atlas on MadFloyd's thread. Thank you for those well written impressions. I'm curious about how the new Red Sparrow will sound compared to the Opus, and then compared to the Atlas. I'm in no hurry as these cartridges need time to break in.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    It is running now.

Attachment 40561

Tang
    Ouf, takes my breath away. ...Topwing...super cool looking cart from a topnotch photograph.
    Just from that photo alone I can hear real sweet music playing...I kid you not.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Addicted to Best!
    Heard the Top Wing Red Sparrow at The Generalís. Very impressed with how it sounded literally brand new tbh. I know the Sumile in the Generalís system as a benchmark - based on what I heard I would take the Top Wing. It was especially vivid sounding with lots of fine resolution without calling attention to itself. Dynamically very potent also with lots of rich textures. Yes - I want one 😁

Addicted to Best!
    Forgot to say that the bottom end was very deep and textured. Lots of resolution of colour down there.

Electronics were the Mayer D3A phono and 10Y linestage with Wavac monoblocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Ouf, takes my breath away. ...Topwing...super cool looking cart from a topnotch photograph.
    Just from that photo alone I can hear real sweet music playing...I kid you not.
    OK, Tang. Was that photo taken with an iPhone? If so, I may forget about the macro Nikkor lense that I am thinking of getting.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

OK, Tang. Was that photo taken with an iPhone? If so, I may forget about the macro Nikkor lense that I am thinking of getting.
    Taken from Samsung S8 Peter. If you look closely, it isn’t very focus. The macro function wasn’t on.

Kind regards,
    Tang

I did received my Blue Dragon And Red Sparrow as well and i am gonna mount one of this Carts soon on Thales Statement Arm but i really cant choose..
    Which Cart i will start whit?
    Can you guys please explain the differences of this two first class Cartridges?
    Preamp Robert Koda K10g2
    PhonoStage Robert Koda Mc one
    Power amp Robert Koda K70II
    Kondo Kagura Monos
    Gryphon Mephisto Stereo
    Cd Transport Kalista Dreamplay
    Dac Gryphon Kalliope
    Speakers Peak Consult Dragon Legend/ Rockport AviorII
    Cables: Stealth Audio Sakra V16/Dreamroyal and various..
    Turntable Triangle Art Ref Se
    Arm Thales Statement
    Cartridge Topwing Blue Dragon,Koetsu Coralstone

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast