Top Wing Seiryu arrives at Believe High Fidelity

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
byrdparis, can you please tell us what the other TOP cartridges are so that we have some frame of reference and perhaps describe briefly what the strengths and weaknesses are for each? Many thanks.

Hello Peter, sorry for the late respond.

as for your question:
first of all you can glance for some details on my signature,
but other then that, there was many others on board VS the red sparrow, such as Air tight pc1 supreme, Lyra etna sl, platinus, and others...
the R.s IS a wonderful cartridge, and played great among others. it have such a great focus on lead and other instruments, it can shine all around and not only on the Solo one.
very natural and transparent, super fast but not intrusive. it is a very VERY good cart! no nonsense.

best to you!
will we see you at the Munich show?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thanks byrdparis. I like you signature, speakers especially. Thanks for the response. There are so many good cartridges, yet they are all slightly different. The technology of the Top Wings has me intrigued. Sadly, I will not be going to Munich. I hear it is a great show. I'll be in Germany later this Summer visiting my mother's family and friends.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Thanks byrdparis. I like you signature, speakers especially. Thanks for the response. There are so many good cartridges, yet they are all slightly different. The technology of the Top Wings has me intrigued. Sadly, I will not be going to Munich. I hear it is a great show. I'll be in Germany later this Summer visiting my mother's family and friends.

Some more comparisons from our friends overseas at this link here.

Bringing the Blue Dragon and Red Sparrow to LAAS in June if you can make that show.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jim gifted me with a Red Sparrow last Saturday. I love my bro :D.

We listened to his on a Durand Carbon on an AF1 and I really liked it very much. I'm excited to get mine mounted and run in. We were going back to back with one of his Koetsu Diamonds on his Virtu and AF1 Premium and I named these two red carts, Love (Koetsu) and Lust (Sparrow) LOL How graphic right? LOL

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Jim gifted me with a Red Sparrow last Saturday. I love my bro :D.

We listened to his on a Durand Carbon on an AF1 and I really liked it very much. I'm excited to get mine mounted and run in. We were going back to back with one of his Koetsu Diamonds on his Virtu and AF1 Premium and I named these two red carts, Love (Koetsu) and Lust (Sparrow) LOL How graphic right? LOL

You keep the company of very generous friends. Love and Lust go hand in hand. Sometimes you want one, and other times you want the other LOL

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
It is running now.

53A5CB55-660E-4A89-ABDA-12127B9A3659.jpg

Tang :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Congratulations Tang. Excellent photograph. I look forward to reading about your impressions, especially relative to the Opus 1 and Atlas SL. At the rate you are going, your many cartridges should all have very few hours on them.

Thank you Peter. I described quite a bit about Opus1 relative to Atlas SL in Madfloyd’s thread in another forum that you are also in.
I listened to the Red Sparrow for a few hours today on SAT/AF1P. Can’t judge the cart while it’s still cold. But it certainly reminds me of the time I listened to Atlas SL on the same arm in my system for the first time. If one is not accustomed to hearing super details and transparent cart, he can easily be impressed by this Red Sparrow the first heard.

Kind regards,
Tang

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thank you Peter. I described quite a bit about Opus1 relative to Atlas SL in Madfloyd’s thread in another forum that you are also in.
I listened to the Red Sparrow for a few hours today on SAT/AF1P. Can’t judge the cart while it’s still cold. But it certainly reminds me of the time I listened to Atlas SL on the same arm in my system for the first time. If one is not accustomed to hearing super details and transparent cart, he can easily be impressed by this Red Sparrow the first heard.

Kind regards,
Tang

Yes, I had read your comments about the Opus/Atlas on MadFloyd's thread. Thank you for those well written impressions. I'm curious about how the new Red Sparrow will sound compared to the Opus, and then compared to the Atlas. I'm in no hurry as these cartridges need time to break in.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Heard the Top Wing Red Sparrow at The General’s. Very impressed with how it sounded literally brand new tbh. I know the Sumile in the General’s system as a benchmark - based on what I heard I would take the Top Wing. It was especially vivid sounding with lots of fine resolution without calling attention to itself. Dynamically very potent also with lots of rich textures. Yes - I want one

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Forgot to say that the bottom end was very deep and textured. Lots of resolution of colour down there.

Electronics were the Mayer D3A phono and 10Y linestage with Wavac monoblocks.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Ouf, takes my breath away. ...Topwing...super cool looking cart from a topnotch photograph.
Just from that photo alone I can hear real sweet music playing...I kid you not.

OK, Tang. Was that photo taken with an iPhone? If so, I may forget about the macro Nikkor lense that I am thinking of getting.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
OK, Tang. Was that photo taken with an iPhone? If so, I may forget about the macro Nikkor lense that I am thinking of getting.

Taken from Samsung S8 Peter. If you look closely, it isn’t very focus. The macro function wasn’t on.

Kind regards,
Tang

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I did received my Blue Dragon And Red Sparrow as well and i am gonna mount one of this Carts soon on Thales Statement Arm but i really cant choose..
Which Cart i will start whit?
Can you guys please explain the differences of this two first class Cartridges?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing