Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Top Wing Seiryu arrives at Believe High Fidelity

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    853, as we say in Blighty, we’re getting “our knickers in a twist”.
    Tang has been absolutely even handed in how he goes about things, and you’re a very considered, diplomatic fellow.
    That sounds like a good mix.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Believe High Fidelity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Dear XV and all,

Joshua just got so jumpy about it and react in such a way that only get him into quick sand imo.
    Not sure how I got jumpy or why I am in quick sand? Here is my exact response to your evaluation of the RS.

Quote Originally Posted by Believe High Fidelity View Post
    Interesting findings Tang. I am also curious to know which impedance setting you are currently using as well. The Top Wing products are a hybrid MM/MC design and unlike some of the very low output impedance carts are actually very sensitive to impedance settings as well as VTA. We use AnalogMajik LP and software to dial it in to precise settings. A lot of preconceptions in setup that degrade the sound you can read here on VTA/SRA

Audiophile Bill's summary I find to be much more on point and while I know not any single cart is going to be everything to everyone, I do know there are some points missing in my experience.

All things being equal as well, the Top Wing Designs leaning more to MM allow for stylus replacement at 1/10th of the cost of what you pay for any other brands. A lifetime cart.
    So when you posted that the normal impedance setting is 300 ohms on the spheris from all your carts and you didn't know which setting it was at.

Quote Originally Posted by Believe High Fidelity View Post
    Here I was thinking that you were giving a comprehensive review of the RS....disappointing.
    So from this one comment, which I again stand by 100%, I am the *******. You obviously have a solid following with friends and fans alike so naturally they want to stand up for you. I don't know Boonyarat, you personally or your experience in this world so if you felt I was talking down or beneath you I can apologize for that and I do. PeterA pointed out that I should have best served asking my question offline through PM, but many asked for this answer and never received it and it does make a big difference in what this cart sounds like so I asked publicly.

Nothing more nothing less. My silly rabbit comment tried to add some light comedy to the situation to diffuse it, but didn't seem to serve me at all.
    Last edited by Believe High Fidelity; 05-10-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Believe High Fidelity Ltd is the North American Distributor for:

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis
    Top Wing

Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

Email: j@Ibelieveinhifi.com
    Web: www.ibelieveinhifi.com

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Tang in the last months is doing very special report,impartial,with a lot of perfect details,of all his cart and tonearm writing better than a reporter and all in this forum congrats him for his perfect report.

Now seems Tang understand nothing in hifi because don't tell RS is the best cart in the world.
    This is nonsense. I never claimed it was best in the world and just shared my experience for the betterment and/or entertainment of others. Because I am a distributor with financial interest in Top Wing is about the only criticism to my enthusiasm that would be relevant to my responses. Others jumped on board and ordered.

As far as a "perfect report", one of the most crucial contributions to the a report on the RS is the impedance not being what works best for MC. The low output is suggestive it is a MC design, but it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Other thing,
    i have phono CH P1 with X1,so i can match in perfect way all the cartridges.
    I have same cart of Tang,Atlas sl,Opus 1,GFS,Coralstone,and what he describes in his system are the same things i listen in my system,so i think Tang load the cart in perfect way
    This is also a comment that is nonsensical if you have followed my inquiry.

Lrya Atlas - 1.52 ohms MC
    Air Tight Opus - 1.4 ohms MC
    Koetsu CS - 5ohms MC

Red Sparrow - 12.3 ohms MM with MC Hybrid

All of what you mentioned are MC and have very little sensitivity (if any) to higher impedance. So yes they are going to sound the same in your system and have no bearing to validating Tang's loading of the RS. The RS which likes higher impedance and was never mentioned what it ended up sounding best at to him.

Even if I am only speaking to myself at this point I do want to leave this important point here for those outside of WBF that may find this useful to know. As Tang stated there is no information from the mfg on the packaging after all.
    Last edited by Believe High Fidelity; 05-10-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis
    Top Wing

Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

The Seiryu is currently at SS Ultra for the first US review and the Suzaku just landed at M&S for review

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/0...rrow.html#more

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis
    Top Wing

Like us on Facebook!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920