Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Top Wing Seiryu arrives at Believe High Fidelity

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I am interested in buying the AnalogMagik as well. I need all the tools that can help me because, I will say this out loud in the open, I suck at cartridge set up! I am probably the only vinyl person in this forum whom not good at setting up cart. I rely on my tonearm guy who makes his living of setting up carts and tt for so many systems here in Thailand. In fact I should put him on my company payroll .

So you guys don’t for one second think I know what I am doing setting up carts. I am no ddk or Peter. I only can use my ears to fine tune the setup that my tonearm guy do for me. Dietrich is another tonearm guy who does his things for me and egolessly ask me every time if it sounds right to me. Ddk will be with me in maybe a month. There shouldn’t be any question of setup by then since he did setup the RS in his system once before.

Kind regards,
    Tang
    I promise to teach you how to setup cartridges when I'm there Tang, not much to it when you know what you're doing and no gadgets needed!

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers,
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.
    VENTA Air Washers & Humidifiers

Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    I promise to teach you how to setup cartridges when I'm there Tang, not much to it when you know what you're doing and no gadgets needed!

david
    Is taking out my grounding gadgets part of the cartridge setup training?

Tang

Is taking out my grounding gadgets part of the cartridge setup training?

Tang
    It will make life and setup easier, your choice in the end and you can always hook them back up again .

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers,
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar

david
    All hail the “EEI Rebirth” Edition bayonet Mount alignment system. Alignment is actually fun and easy with this system for bayonet type arms.
    Christian

System Gear

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! jazdoc's Avatar
    I am interested in buying the AnalogMagik as well. I need all the tools that can help me because, I will say this out loud in the open, I suck at cartridge set up! I am probably the only vinyl person in this forum whom not good at setting up cart. I rely on my tonearm guy who makes his living of setting up carts and tt for so many systems here in Thailand. In fact I should put him on my company payroll .

So you guys don’t for one second think I know what I am doing setting up carts. I am no ddk or Peter. I only can use my ears to fine tune the setup that my tonearm guy do for me. Dietrich is another tonearm guy who does his things for me and egolessly ask me every time if it sounds right to me. Ddk will be with me in maybe a month. There shouldn’t be any question of setup by then since he did setup the RS in his system once before.

Kind regards,
    Tang
    I am near sighted, have deforming arthritis and a lengthy genetic legacy of in-coordination. If I can competently set up a cartridge, anyone can do it!
    Trying is the first step to failure. -- H. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Hi Tang

What do you load the Red Sparrow at? I see it's not an MC and closer to MM in design. 47k or more normal loading of 100 ohms or similar.

Cheers
    Shane
    Hi Shane,

Sorry I thought I already answered your question yesterday. I used my mobile to answer you yesterday. But I guess it didnít go through.

I donít like putting any restrictors on my Ayon phono. I tried trstrictors but guess what.. I felt it restricted my sound...hehe . It is like Lamm LP1 that has no loading adjustment.

Kind regards,
    Tang

Quote Originally Posted by jazdoc View Post
    I am near sighted, have deforming arthritis and a lengthy genetic legacy of in-coordination. If I can competently set up a cartridge, anyone can do it!
    One of the few times near sight is of benefit
    Regards,
    Erik
    Solypsa Audio

Distributor in North America for
    Sensitive Sound MC Cartridges

Available for in home setup and calibration of fine turntable systems

Hi DeveyF,

The new tubes for my Ayon Phono are on the way. I havenít changed tubes yet. But I donít think this will effect much of the aspects of sound I commented. Beside the Opus1 is also using with this very same phono and on SAT as well. Only variables are tts and cartridge setting.

Kind regards,
    Tang
    Ok, but once the new tubes are in, please do get back to us with your impressions. I have a sneaky feeling you will be very pleased!
    I would suggest some exotic tube rolling into the Lamm phono stage, but this would probably not be met with much enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyF View Post
    I would suggest some exotic tube rolling into the Lamm phono stage, but this would probably not be met with much enthusiasm.
    I’ll do it gladly if you can offer an alternative to the Russian 6C3P & 6C45P-E tubes.

david

I’ll do it gladly if you can offer an alternative to the Russian 6C3P & 6C45P-E tubes.

david
    Too bad you believe that one is locked into those tubes with the Lamm gear.
    (Although one could try and source a Western Electric 5842 or a Western Electric 437a...)

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast