Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

Quote Originally Posted by BruceD View Post
    Funny you should bring that fact up--In my house up till the age of 6 I thought my name was Jesus Christ!

BruceD
    I like you BruceD.

Btw what happens to your AMG logo.

Tang

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I like you BruceD.

Btw what happens to your AMG logo.

Tang
    Duhhh?--thats the other dude--BruceB--the smart one--

Re AMGs--I never owned one of those--but had a Lorinser 500SEC in the UK late 80's

Bruce DEEEE

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries

Re AMGs--I never owned one of those--but had a Lorinser 500SEC in the UK late 80's

Bruce DEEEE
    He is smart, he is a DSD guru. You are just a guy who has been setting up analog since, I believe, your first table in 1957
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Bruce DEEEE
    My apology Bruce D.
    Yesterday I also thought MikeL is a disguised name for Roger Moore, the 007.

Tang

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    My apology Bruce D.
    Yesterday I also thought MikeL is a disguised name for Roger Moore, the 007.

Tang
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Mine goes to 011. I've been listening all weekend and for the first time, am finding it difficult to describe what I'm hearing. The Elite really pulls me in like never before. It adds an energy to the music that's hard to describe. Has so much noise been removed that I never knew was there? I have young kids so i listen at relatively low volume at night and the dynamic swings and visceral bass is all still present even though its barely turned up. I don't play any instruments and probably couldn't tell you if a violin sounded accurate but with the Elite in my system, my brain stays out of the way. To me, it sounds so natural. Fortunately, all my equipment has grounding posts so installation wasn't too difficult. I had to buy some spring loaded clamps to help suspend the Thor SE cables. They are heavy and my equipment is elevated in some places but like Rudolf said, they are worth their weight in gold. I'm going to give this configuration a couple weeks and the plug the Elite in on the front end circuit as opposed to the amp circuit in sits on now. Can it keep getting better and better?

Dave
    Speakers: Rockport Avior, Rockport Mira, B&W 803D
    Amps: Nagra HD Monos & McIntosh MC601 & MC303
    Pre: Nagra HD Pre
    Source: Aurender W20, Esoteric K-01X & G-01
    Grounding: Tripoint Troy Elite & Thor SE(5) Emperor Mkii
    Cable: Transparent Audio Ref Gen 5

Pretty sure it will keep getting better (and better) until approximately four-five weeks after the first installation, Dave.

Hard to believe? Well let’s see (and hear) and keep us posted.
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 02-12-2018 at 03:00 PM.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    He is smart, he is a DSD guru. You are just a guy who has been setting up analog since, I believe, your first table in 1957
    Indeed Ked!---although the years have diminished the memories --the first encounter(s) always linger --Decca Deram,Heathkit,Richard Allen/etc

BruceD

Dave, I hope things are progressing smoothly. The steps forward in the first two weeks or so are more obvious than in the last two/three weeks. However, the latter are in the long run important as well because we are talking about additional refinement, smoothness and continuity. Hope also these latter aspects are now ‘kicking in’/can now be identified.
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 02-15-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Dave, I hope things are progressing smoothly. The steps forward in the first two weeks ago are more obvious than in the last two/three weeks. However, the latter are in the long run important as well because we are talking about additional refinement, smoothness and continuity. Hope also these latter aspects are now ‘kicking in’/can now be identified.
    Smoothness really stands out! I sometimes describe this as effortless sound that really draws me in but at the same time sacrifices no dynamics. My feet are always moving and life has been added back to some albums that have always played flat. I'm talking with Miguel about some other configurations for the Elite and will post what I hear.

Dave
    Speakers: Rockport Avior, Rockport Mira, B&W 803D
    Amps: Nagra HD Monos & McIntosh MC601 & MC303
    Pre: Nagra HD Pre
    Source: Aurender W20, Esoteric K-01X & G-01
    Grounding: Tripoint Troy Elite & Thor SE(5) Emperor Mkii
    Cable: Transparent Audio Ref Gen 5

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast