Lampizator amplifiers

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Has anyone any experience with them and has compared against some more well known brands?
I’ll be using with some very efficient horns so the amps need to be super quiet.
Thanks in advance guys....

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You got horns now? Wow that's a shift. Which ones?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The real report here came from Kernelbob who preferred them to his incumbent double Kronzillas or something. Read details in these posts http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...ck-your-Horns!&p=475801&viewfull=1#post475801

But it is not that simple. You have to go through a lot of SETs to decide. A 211 might or might not suit your speaker. You might prefer an EL34 or 300b or 845 etc. You really have to get a few demos. Greg at Gpoint can arrange Lampi, KR and Thoress and a few others, also check with local audiophiles.

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Hi Bonzo, thanks for the info buddy. I sent you a message on this forum a couple of weeks ago, check your inbox.... ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi, didn't get. Inbox was full a couple of days ago.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Separately, I have for sale a Berning ZH270 at 3k GBP, integrated and an Atmasphere m60 mk3.2 with upgrades, at 3k Eur. Both OTLs. How they work with your horns I cannot say, but you can google.

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Living Voice Air Partners. So my 1kw Titans are going to be a bit of over kill. I’m looking for something with exceptionally low signal/noise, a slightly sweeter than neutral tone and powerful bass....

I’ve been advised to look at Tron but saw that Lukas was making amps and thought they might be worth a look considering his usual price performance ratio...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What you are saying describes a lot of amps. Including the Atmasphere I have (Berning is quite neutral). Atma bass is huge.

Thing with SETs is you can roll tubes to get that sweeter or more neutral tone. 211 amps sound great if you can spend an additional 3k for Amperex tubes. Sometimes they can overdrive and sound forward. What's the sensitivity of those horns?

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You need to try low watt amps, like real low. Maybe 45s. GM70s. 211s and 845s not so much. You can rotate SETs forever liking many. It is not like SS where the shortlist is much smaller. It is difficult to say which one will suit and you will like. Greg and Emporium are the UK dealers with lots of SETs. Or rotate buy and sell from the used market. from Greg's portfolio, the Tektron GM70 and the Cube EL84 are low priced musical buys. Then you go up to Thoress. Kronzilla probably too powerful for your needs. I don't like any 300b. Silvercore in Germany makes some 6 - 7k Eur 833c amps. And can make anything. But low resale. Sound lovely.

Hopefully you don't have a big heavy woofer that takes some power.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Living Voice Air Partners. So my 1kw Titans are going to be a bit of over kill. I’m looking for something with exceptionally low signal/noise, a slightly sweeter than neutral tone and powerful bass....

I’ve been advised to look at Tron but saw that Lukas was making amps and thought they might be worth a look considering his usual price performance ratio...

Have a look at Aries Cerat as well...you can PM me for details if you are interested.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
What your saying describes a lot. Including the Atmasphere I have (Berning is quite neutral). Atma bass is huge.

Thing with SETs is you can roll tubes to get that sweeter or more neutral tone. 211 amps sound great if you can spend an additional 3k for Amperex tubes. Sometimes they can overdrive and sound forward. What's the sensitivity of those horns?

Not necessarily a need to change the tubes. Changing the bias does that too. It certainly does the trick on my Concero 65's where I can adjust to compensate for whatever is upstream.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing