Kubala Sosna Realization cables

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys, next week i'm able to borrow either Sensation or Realization SC and IC.
I will also have Tellurium Q Statement SC and IC for a shootout next weekend.
Wich Kubala should i borrow for the shootout ?
And do any of you know if any of the Kubalas can outperform Cardas Clear Beyond SC and IC ?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
@Thieliste how have you liked the TQ Statement cables?

Have you ever heard any of the EWA cables by the former TQ designer?
Don't know yet i will get them next friday for demo.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I'm on my way to Paris so i will try to visit a dealer to borrow KS Sensation or Realization to make a shootout against the TQ Statement.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
@Thieliste did you get to do this shootout with KS and Tellurium Q? How’d it go?
Yes i did, in my system the KS was too forward and too dynamic, the TQ was very smooth but lacked in clarity and body especially the IC.
In the end i ordered the Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC which were the best match for my Thiel speakers which tend to be bright.
Clear Beyond has the whole package : clarity, deph, soundstage, meat on the bone, and awsome bass.
Should get them this wednesday.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I didn't try the Realization but the Sensation.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Were you able to compare the Sensation to the Realization? If yes, what results did you get? Which was warmer and more full bodied sounding?
Thanks.
No i wasn't able to get the Realization to compare.
In my system the Sensation just didn't work, it was too forward sounding and a little bright.
I went with Cardas Clear Beyond which is the perfect match for my speakers, very clear, full body and musical, bass is also much better than Sensation.

fast.freight

Jul 30, 2022
Hello, I am a Noobie on this site. My name is Ken and I live in Maryland. I have a full loom of K-S Elation cables, except for one power cable and my USB cables which are Realization. My equipment is Nucleus+ > Bonn 8 switch > Supra cat 8 > EtherRegen > NA Muon Filter System > Auralic Aries G2.1 Streamer (with SEAN JACOBS TOP OF LINE POWER SUPPLY) (I only highlight this because it is a huge upgrade) > USB >Mola Mola Tambaqui > Audionet Pre G2 > Audionet YG Hailey 2.1s > Rel Carbon Limited subs (2). My system is so revealing and smooth. I had AU 24SX cables prior, and loved them. But then my dealer swapped in the Elation speaker cables and oh my. So much fatter, fuller, lower, middles, voices.
The 24SX hads great open airy top end, and at first you think the Elation do not. But they do! They just have so much more. So now to my question:
Can anyone compare the Sensation to the Realization? I actually spoke with Dr Sosna (nicest guy in the world. Returned my call from an email inquiry) yesterday, and he said the Sensation is the second best in Optimi Z3 line. compared to Elation which were the best in the Optimi Z2 line. So he did not say which was better, but seemed to imply the Sensation could give a bit more warmth.
I have used K-S Cables for 2 years now and just learning this.

I never loved the Emotion (dark) and that was a Z2 line. Maybe I should try the Z3 with all my resolution?
I know I should try both, but feel free to tell me that! Ken

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Ken!

I don’t have experience with Kubala cables, but I know that members here do.

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
Wow, it's amazing how synergistic a cable is in one system, but not in another. I use Kubala and it is great, not dark at all. I tried their better stuff and they were way to forward and bright in my system. I also tried the best Cardas and the Kabula was way better.

Davidny

Nov 29, 2014
Hello, I am a Noobie on this site. My name is Ken and I live in Maryland. I have a full loom of K-S Elation cables, except for one power cable and my USB cables which are Realization. My equipment is Nucleus+ > Bonn 8 switch > Supra cat 8 > EtherRegen > NA Muon Filter System > Auralic Aries G2.1 Streamer (with SEAN JACOBS TOP OF LINE POWER SUPPLY) (I only highlight this because it is a huge upgrade) > USB >Mola Mola Tambaqui > Audionet Pre G2 > Audionet YG Hailey 2.1s > Rel Carbon Limited subs (2). My system is so revealing and smooth. I had AU 24SX cables prior, and loved them. But then my dealer swapped in the Elation speaker cables and oh my. So much fatter, fuller, lower, middles, voices.
The 24SX hads great open airy top end, and at first you think the Elation do not. But they do! They just have so much more. So now to my question:
Can anyone compare the Sensation to the Realization? I actually spoke with Dr Sosna (nicest guy in the world. Returned my call from an email inquiry) yesterday, and he said the Sensation is the second best in Optimi Z3 line. compared to Elation which were the best in the Optimi Z2 line. So he did not say which was better, but seemed to imply the Sensation could give a bit more warmth.
I have used K-S Cables for 2 years now and just learning this.

I never loved the Emotion (dark) and that was a Z2 line. Maybe I should try the Z3 with all my resolution?
I know I should try both, but feel free to tell me that! Ken
Ken, I have a system that’s similar to yours, Nucleus, Auralic Aries Tambaqui, Audionet, YG and Kubala Sosna cables. I upgraded my cables from K-S Elation to Realization when they were first introduced, before there was a Sensation. The cost was significant but the improvement in resolution and clarity was equally significant. I’m certain that Sensation would be a very good step up, but I suggest going with Realization if your budget allows.
I also noticed you’re enjoying the Aries G2.1 with an external Sean Jacobs ARC6 DC4 power supply. I also have one and agree it was a great suggestion by Vassil. If you haven’t already you should ask K-S to build you a pair of DC cables, they make a further big difference.

fast.freight

Jul 30, 2022
Ken, I have a system that’s similar to yours, Nucleus, Auralic Aries Tambaqui, Audionet, YG and Kubala Sosna cables. I upgraded my cables from K-S Elation to Realization when they were first introduced, before there was a Sensation. The cost was significant but the improvement in resolution and clarity was equally significant. I’m certain that Sensation would be a very good step up, but I suggest going with Realization if your budget allows.
I also noticed you’re enjoying the Aries G2.1 with an external Sean Jacobs ARC6 DC4 power supply. I also have one and agree it was a great suggestion by Vassil. If you haven’t already you should ask K-S to build you a pair of DC cables, they make a further big difference.
Hello Davidny, Well I pulled the trigger on Stern, Heisenbergs and Realization PC's and Speaker Cables! Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Davidny

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
My experience, in my system, has been that: (i) there is no such as thing as synergy of using the same type/brand for all your cables, (ii) you have to try each cable in your system, with a given component, (iii) the same type/brand of cable can be good with one component of your system and not so good with another (for example power cables and interconnects), (iv) a more expensive cable does not mean it is better in your system.

Example 1. I had most of my cables as Echole Limited Edition, except the speaker cable that is Kubala Realization. I got an Echole Limited Edition speaker cable to try, but the Kubala Realization was better (for me, in my system), so I kept the Kubala Realization. Proof, for me in my system, that using the same type/brand of cable everywhere in my system is not the best option.

Example 2. Tried more expensive cables, Nordost Odin II interconnects and it was not as good (in my system) as the Echole Limited Edition mk2 between pream and power amp. Tried Nordost Odin II speaker cables, and it was not as good (in my system) as the Kubala Realization speaker cable.

Example 3. I tried a Transparent reference XL AES-EBU interconnect in my reclocker/DAC. Tried first only one (bettween reclocker and DAC), and three (adding two more in the DAC). The best sounding option was to mix brands, replacing only one with Transparent Reference XL.

I have other examples, but you get the message.

So, you really have to try each cable in your system (if possible with no dealer contributing his biased opinion), and decide for yourself.

Cheers.

Reactions: facten and tsaett

Jedclampet

Jan 18, 2014
I went from Emotion and later Elation to almost complete Realization and yes although costly was quite an improvement in many areas.
The system is YG Haileys, Mola Moloa Tambaqui, Grimm MU1, Audionet Humboltd, and the Kubala Expander this has been an evolution of many years. Needless to say I live near a great source Bill at GTT Audio and KS. Each time that I moved up the KS line I've been rewarded and haven't been let down yet. The last improvements were wider and deeper soundstage, as someone said earlier the holographic imaging just locked in and imo from the highs to the low were clearer and stronger. No regrets.
P

Reactions: DDgtt and fizzletop

fast.freight

Jul 30, 2022
The system is YG Haileys, Mola Moloa Tambaqui, Grimm MU1, Audionet Humboltd, and the Kubala Expander this has been an evolution of many years. Needless to say I live near a great source Bill at GTT Audio and KS. Each time that I moved up the KS line I've been rewarded and haven't been let down yet. The last improvements were wider and deeper soundstage, as someone said earlier the holographic imaging just locked in and imo from the highs to the low were clearer and stronger. No regrets.
Well we know the same great dealer! I now have Grimm MU1, Tambaqui, Stern, Heisenbergs, Hailey 2's and Rel Carbon Limited.s All cables except my Elation AES are Realization. And I totally agree; I went from all Elation To Realization, albeit at the same time I 04CAE9C9-42D6-4C19-88CB-1C8A94255491_1_105_c.jpeg went from Pre G2 and Max amps to the Stern and Heisenbergs. Everything got more enveloping, and yet seemed easier and just flows. I am in Maryland but Bill takes good care of me!

Reactions: DDgtt

Jedclampet

Jan 18, 2014
I left out the two Rel S510, The Apple TV X and the The Dejitter switch x. It's worth noting that in all instances these pieces were added one at a time vs all at once allowing me to fully appreciate each step. Bill always delivers.

Fast.Freight Your gear in black looks great btw.

fast.freight

Jul 30, 2022
Nice @Jedclampet ! Did you notice the black Tambaqui? Are you using the clean network and clean wifi for control With the Switch X (and Wifi X)?? I had them in to try...the set Bill used at CAF. I think I need to get it back! I also tried my M12 Gold switch between my router and the Switch X and that was even better.

Jedclampet

Jan 18, 2014
Did you notice the black Tambaqui?
I sure did, all my gear but my Tamaqui is black. Yes as well, all the X products were quite an eye opener considering the low cost. Just added a HDMI switch box to spidf converter from Bill now my TvX and Magnetar Up 880 feed hdmi in and spidf out to the Tambaqui. My wife thinks I'm a mad scientist by now.

Reactions: jhulton

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing