Kubala Sosna Realization cables

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
Curious whether anyone has experience and feedback on this new model from KS? Very little information on the net.
Thanks.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
We've only had a complete Realization system for a small time, as the interconnects were in short supply.

My impression is that it sounds like a more open (on both ends) Elation. It's not frequency response, it's more "air" up on the highs and a more heft on the bass. Same result both on the Wilson as well as the YGs.

Joe Kubala will be in the store February 10th demonstration his new lines, Realization among them.

Folks with Elation, even Emotion, should seriously consider taking advantage of Kubala's upgrade policy, and consider Realization!

cheers,
alex

Reactions: DDgtt

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
We've only had a complete Realization system for a small time, as the interconnects were in short supply.

My impression is that it sounds like a more open (on both ends) Elation. It's not frequency response, it's more "air" up on the highs and a more heft on the bass. Same result both on the Wilson as well as the YGs.

Joe Kubala will be in the store February 10th demonstration his new lines, Realization among them.

Folks with Elation, even Emotion, should seriously consider taking advantage of Kubala's upgrade policy, and consider Realization!

cheers,
alex
Alex, thanks for feedback. I use Elation myself and think it is a very good cable especially in the mids. In my set up, the highs and the bass fall short a little. The bass particularly is a bit loose compared to another cable brand I have on hand.. If the Realization can improve in these areas, it will be a winner.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Do you mind sharing the details of your system?
The KS stuff is some of the most "universal" cables I know, but still it might behave differently on different systems...

cheers,
alex

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
My system is Vitus amplification driving Rockport speakers. cabling a mix of KS and Crystal cables.
Regards

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My system is Vitus amplification driving Rockport speakers. cabling a mix of KS and Crystal cables.
Regards

very nice!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Regards

Great stuff!
A very nice and warm system already, so I can see anything less than Elation sounding a little closed in on top. For sure the Realization series will open up the extremes. I'd start with power cords and speaker cables from that series, and keep ICs in Elation or even Crystal Cable.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Eeeeesh! Another well-regarded, top-of-the-line interconnect to consider?

Has anyone compared Realization interconnects to Cardas Clear Beyond interconnects?

Alex, how does the Realization sound different than the Sensation?

Than the Elation?

Than the Emotion?

(I give up — back to Radio Shack zip cord for me! :p)

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Hello,

I upgraded my speaker cables and preamp power cable from KS Elation to KS Realization. The improvement has more substantial than I expected. Better highs with more air, better lows with more quality/better timbre, better soundstage. Highly recommended!
Cheers,

VPN

Reactions: DDgtt

supersax

May 22, 2018
I believe this is the info you are looking for:

Realization Prices - January 2018
RETAIL PRICES in US$
Prices Per PAIR for Analog IC/ Speaker Cables … Per EACH for Digital Cables and Power Cords
Price Format: $250/ 80 = $250 for first meter / $ 80 for each add’l meter ($40 for ½ meter)
Example: 1.5m Fascination Interconnect = $1000 + (350 x 0.5) = $1000 + $175 = $1,175

RCA or XLR AIC - 11000/2000

USB Cables - 3500/800

Speaker Cable SC1 - 11000/2000
- Int. Bi-Wire SC2 - 500
- Int. Tri-Wire - 600
- Speaker Jumpers - 500

Power Cord PC1 - 3000/600
- 20 amp IEC - 90

Retermination - 500
- Per Pair-End (2 term)

Warranty Transfer - 500
- Must have proper and current SN registration

Last edited:

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
I believe this is the info you are looking for:

Realization Prices - January 2018
RETAIL PRICES in US$
Prices Per PAIR for Analog IC/ Speaker Cables … Per EACH for Digital Cables and Power Cords
Price Format: $250/ 80 = $250 for first meter / $ 80 for each add’l meter ($40 for ½ meter)
Example: 1.5m Fascination Interconnect = $1000 + (350 x 0.5) = $1000 + $175 = $1,175

RCA or XLR AIC - 11000/2000

USB Cables - 3500/800

Speaker Cable SC1 - 11000/2000
- Int. Bi-Wire SC2 - 500
- Int. Tri-Wire - 600
- Speaker Jumpers - 500

Power Cord PC1 - 3000/600
- 20 amp IEC - 90

Retermination - 500
- Per Pair-End (2 term)

Warranty Transfer - 500
- Must have proper and current SN registration

WoW ! Thank you.
IC is almost 4-times of PC..... Is it real?
Is there something special at IC ?

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
Hello,

I upgraded my speaker cables and preamp power cable from KS Elation to KS Realization. The improvement has more substantial than I expected. Better highs with more air, better lows with more quality/better timbre, better soundstage. Highly recommended!
Cheers,

VPN
VPN, how would you compare the Realization to other brands you have had?

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Eeeeesh! Another well-regarded, top-of-the-line interconnect to consider?

Has anyone compared Realization interconnects to Cardas Clear Beyond interconnects?

Alex, how does the Realization sound different than the Sensation?

Than the Elation?

Than the Emotion?

(I give up — back to Radio Shack zip cord for me! :p)

Ron,

Sorry I missed your post from a while ago!

We've just replaced a whole set of Cardas with KS Emotion. It retained Cardas' warmth, but was much faster and open overall. The system sounded too closed-in and muffled with the Cardas before.

Elation lacks the nice additive warmth of Emotion, but trades that for a touch more transparency in the mids. That was the previous flagship. Now, Realization is more open and transparent still than Elation, and is the current flagship.

Sensation is one of the newer series of cables, which includes Realization on top, and it's basically a (great) mix of Emotion's warmth and midrange bloom and Elation's speed and transparency.

We have the cables in the store, in case people want to compare.

cheers
Alex

supersax

May 22, 2018
WoW ! Thank you.
IC is almost 4-times of PC..... Is it real?
Is there something special at IC ?

Actually since the interconnects and speaker cables are in pairs, they are only about twice as expensive as the power cords! I currently own two Realization PCs (for my amp and preamp) and easily bested the Elations. I do know that the interconnects were on backorder at least for a while. Going forward, I will upgrade based on the recommendation in Append #7 of this thread.

Dave

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
VPN, how would you compare the Realization to other brands you have had?

Hello Ationg,

I upgrated speaker cables and one power cable from KS Elation to KS Realization. So far I have not done any comparison of KS Realization with other brands.

I can tell you that the KS Elation power cable did not go well with my previous DAC, but I have not tested the Realization with my current DAC. I find that power cables are very device specific, you have to really try in your system, with the specific device you use.

Cheers,

VPN

aldenberry

Oct 12, 2015
Has anyone compared the KS line to Transparent, especially with Rockports? Is there a cheaper way to Nirvana?
Cheers,
DCM (Rockport lover)

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
Has anyone compared the KS line to Transparent, especially with Rockports? Is there a cheaper way to Nirvana?
Cheers,
DCM (Rockport lover)

Both are good enough. When I bought Rockport Mira then Atria now, I had to choice a speaker cable.
The result was easy, transparent. Because rockport uses same.

Then I had compared transparent xl and kubala elation power cord, then selected xl.
And I compared aes ebu cable also, then selected tranparent again.
It seems that transparent family make some synergy.

aldenberry

Oct 12, 2015
Both are good enough. When I bought Rockport Mira then Atria now, I had to choice a speaker cable.
The result was easy, transparent. Because rockport uses same.

Then I had compared transparent xl and kubala elation power cord, then selected xl.
And I compared aes ebu cable also, then selected tranparent again.
It seems that transparent family make some synergy.
Thanks! No surprise.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing