Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typhon QR

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
    Any additional benefits from chaining one of the old style parallel units with this new inline technology?
    I have not tried that with the new Typhon QR. However, with the original Typhon some people would use multiple units on a single Triton or on a single power circuit. We tested up to 5 units before the improvement became negligible. Typhon's also have a very nice improvement for video. So many people are plugging them into their home theater systems.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

If you want to contact me, send a message to info@shunyata.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
    This looks very interesting Caelin. Are there grounding cables or devices coming soon as well?
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Digital PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC
    Analog VPI Scoutmaster, Paua II, Audio Research Ref Phono 2
    Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2
    Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4, Furutech Silver Arrow II phono
    Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Shunyata Denali
    Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This looks very interesting Caelin. Are there grounding cables or devices coming soon as well?
    Grounding cables are available in Delta, Alpha and Sigma levels if memory serves; I'm using Delta-level grounding cables with the TRITON v3
    and the results are amazing. I'm contemplating trying an Alpha or Sigma cable (1) as a test as I've heard the results are demonstrably better!

The TRITON v3 is without a doubt the best power conditioner ever in my system and to my ears, all I'd hoped for in such a device be it
    passive or any of the other active or hybrid (i.e. battery-based) that I've used over the years which is a very long list from some big names.

In short, the TRITON v3 is here to stay! The combination of a grounding plane in the TRITON v3 is the ultimate (for me) frosting on the cake
    as they say,....I will post a more detailed review about the last few months of listening with this great pc.

As for the TYPHON QR (new) with new umbilical....thanks to a friend I've had the great opportunity to start testing one of these as of a week
    ago in conjunction with the TRITON v3. It's effects on the overall musical playback experience are absolutely PERVASIVE; it affects every single
    aspect of the experience and I'm stunned at what it does. As I'm only a week in, I'll leave it at that for now until I can form some more detailed
    feedback and write a review. Suffice it to say that I liken it to the effects of adding a SOTA masterclock to a fine system,...it affects every aspect
    of playback and reveals details and nuances over and above the fine playback experience already there; the only way to truly appreciate its overall
    impact (like a great masterclock) is to then remove it from the system and hear what is no longer there as a result.

The TRITON + TYPHON QR 'stack' is a fantastic combination thus far...more detailed impressions to come!
    TAD R1 MkII, w/ULTRA5s, Esoteric P02, D02, C02, A02, Cybershaft Premium LTD OP21 10 mHz, SHUNYATA TRITONv3 & TYPHON QR, 10í Ground Rods, CADWELD, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8, Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold, Statement Gold & Statement Silver PCs, Elrod Statement Gold XLR, Shunyata SIGMA AES, SIGMA CLOCK-50, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables & MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS, Adona AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! BlueFox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post

As for the TYPHON QR (new) with new umbilical....thanks to a friend I've had the great opportunity to start testing one of these as of a week ago in conjunction with the TRITON v3. It's effects on the overall musical playback experience are absolutely PERVASIVE; it affects every single aspect of the experience and I'm stunned at what it does. As I'm only a week in, I'll leave it at that for now until I can form some more detailed feedback and write a review. Suffice it to say that I liken it to the effects of adding a SOTA masterclock to a fine system,...it affects every aspect of playback and reveals details and nuances over and above the fine playback experience already there; the only way to truly appreciate its overall impact (like a great masterclock) is to then remove it from the system and hear what is no longer there as a result.

The TRITON + TYPHON QR 'stack' is a fantastic combination thus far...more detailed impressions to come!
    Yes. This is what I am looking for. I am on the fence about the QR since the original Typhon only made, at best, a subtle improvement with the Triton. So, I am a little hesitant about spending $9K for an unknown effect. I am fortunate that PG&E has a pole in my backyard, and they put a new transformer on it. Just for me.

Add in my new 200 amp panel and dedicated lines for the stereo, I have pretty good power to start. So, based on the Typhon v1, there isn’t much for the QR to clean up. I think.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 05-05-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Yes. This is what I am looking for. I am on the fence about the QR since the original Typhon only made, at best, a subtle improvement with the Triton. So, I am a little hesitant about spending $9K for an unknown effect. I am fortunate that PG&E has a pole in my backyard, and they put a new transformer on it. Just for me.

Add in my new 200 amp panel and dedicated lines for the stereo, I have pretty good power to start. So, based on the Typhon v1, there isnít much for the QR to clean up. I think.
    You should be able to get a unit to demo. I never spend that kid of cash without listening to it in my system first.

Can the Typhon QR be used with other Power Distributor as a pre filter?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post

Add in my new 200 amp panel and dedicated lines for the stereo, I have pretty good power to start. So, based on the Typhon v1, there isnít much for the QR to clean up. I think.
    A couple of months in myself and also have a good friend with a TRITON v3 who just got his Typhon updated to the latest model build and QR designation.
    He's been texting me and calling every couple of days regaling me with stories of how blown away he is by the difference the Typhon QR makes; we both
    have good power into the homes and have very different systems overall however we are both stunned by what the Typhon QR has done from day 1
    and beyond....things just "SOUND LIKE MUSIC!!!"
    TAD R1 MkII, w/ULTRA5s, Esoteric P02, D02, C02, A02, Cybershaft Premium LTD OP21 10 mHz, SHUNYATA TRITONv3 & TYPHON QR, 10í Ground Rods, CADWELD, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8, Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold, Statement Gold & Statement Silver PCs, Elrod Statement Gold XLR, Shunyata SIGMA AES, SIGMA CLOCK-50, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables & MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS, Adona AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12