Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778

Thread: Sme 3012 R

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Have you bought from this guy Christian ? I’m always sceptical when i buy hard to find genuine gear in Hongkong.
    SME S2-R headshells are still in production and many vendors have them no need for counterfeits.

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers,
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.
    VENTA Air Washers & Humidifiers

Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

I've bought for 2Juki several times and have never had an issue.
    My system:
    PBN 2!5s Horn Speakers. Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe Preamp. Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Phono. Lamm ML1.2 Push/Pull Amps. Acoustic Signature Ascona Turntable. SME 3012R Tonearm. Various Cartridges including: AirTight, Ortofon SPU, Signet MM and Grace MM. Sonorus Modified Revox P99 Tape Deck. Custom Cables

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...f-s-Stereo-Den

Thank you gentlemen !
    MBL 101E, Martin Logan Statement E2 SubTowers, Modded Maplenoll Ariadne Signature, SME 3012R,BenzMicro LPS and Ebony TR,Primare 928 and 201,Krell Kps 25sc, MBL9011,Krell700Cx,Ps Audio P500,Ps Audio P300, Straightwire Crescendo 1 and 2. Mogami.

I emailed SME directly regarding the S2 Headshells and got this message:

Hello,
    Thank you for your enquiry;

New headshells may be ordered direct from us. The price is GBP138.43 each + delivery.

If you wish to order please telephone the number below quoting part number S2-R Headshell and pay with debit / credit card. Bank transfer is also accepted for payment, please contact us again if this method is preferred.

Thank you,

Brian Laker
    Service Manager
    T: +44 (0) 1903 814 321 | W:www.sme-audio.com
    SME Limited, Mill Road, Steyning
    West Sussex, England, BN44 3GY

So if you want to be 100% sure...call the number and order away!
    My system:
    PBN 2!5s Horn Speakers. Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe Preamp. Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Phono. Lamm ML1.2 Push/Pull Amps. Acoustic Signature Ascona Turntable. SME 3012R Tonearm. Various Cartridges including: AirTight, Ortofon SPU, Signet MM and Grace MM. Sonorus Modified Revox P99 Tape Deck. Custom Cables

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey_t View Post
    I emailed SME directly regarding the S2 Headshells and got this message:

Hello,
    Thank you for your enquiry;

New headshells may be ordered direct from us. The price is GBP138.43 each + delivery.

If you wish to order please telephone the number below quoting part number S2-R Headshell and pay with debit / credit card. Bank transfer is also accepted for payment, please contact us again if this method is preferred.

Thank you,

Brian Laker
    Service Manager
    T: +44 (0) 1903 814 321 | W:www.sme-audio.com
    SME Limited, Mill Road, Steyning
    West Sussex, England, BN44 3GY

So if you want to be 100% sure...call the number and order away!
    And about the same price as the one on ebay. Thank you Jeffrey !
    MBL 101E, Martin Logan Statement E2 SubTowers, Modded Maplenoll Ariadne Signature, SME 3012R,BenzMicro LPS and Ebony TR,Primare 928 and 201,Krell Kps 25sc, MBL9011,Krell700Cx,Ps Audio P500,Ps Audio P300, Straightwire Crescendo 1 and 2. Mogami.

I've purchased a few from 2Juki. I'm going to buy on from SME to check 2Juki's.

Although with the level of counterfeiting going on these days, I'm probably not capable of telling the difference.
    My system:

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Have you bought from this guy Christian ? Iím always sceptical when i buy hard to find genuine gear in Hongkong.
    yes I have. No issues.
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    yes I have. No issues.
    Thank you Christian !

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey_t View Post
    I've purchased a few from 2Juki. I'm going to buy on from SME to check 2Juki's.

Although with the level of counterfeiting going on these days, I'm probably not capable of telling the difference.
    Counterfeiters have better to forge than a few SME headshells - IMHO the demand of these shells is not enough to justify it. They would have to make also the Styrofoam box and the card box - usually easy to distinguish in cheap copies.

If your shells and boxes look exactly as the detailed photos of the auction they should be originals - I compared them with one headshell supplied by SME and they look exactly the same - even the wires and connectors.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Counterfeiters have better to forge than a few SME headshells - IMHO the demand of these shells is not enough to justify it. They would have to make also the Styrofoam box and the card box - usually easy to distinguish in cheap copies.

If your shells and boxes look exactly as the detailed photos of the auction they should be originals - I compared them with one headshell supplied by SME and they look exactly the same - even the wires and connectors.
    I agree with you 100%. The Styrofoam is molded, not cut. Why would you go through the effort?
    My system:

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778