Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: Sme 3012 R

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I meant sonically
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    I meant sonically
    Due to its age I never found a Series 1 that was all original or sounded right because of the quality of the repairs. You gotta know what you’re buying with vintage, no easy answers here.
    david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers,
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.
    VENTA Air Washers & Humidifiers

Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    What is the difference between the 3012r and the 3012 series 1 again? As the latter is on sale in the UK
    I am now aware of the thickness of the wall of the stainless tube of the series 1, but I think it is not the same of the "R" - the "R" tube is 0,25 mm thick. Some people sell 12" stainless tubes of 0,2 and 0,5 mm, but I never found one of the proper thickness.

We can always buy a cheap 9" SME 3009 tonearm and build the poor man's 3012 -R, but according to DIY tradition it will become the best SME in the world!
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Christian, can you repost your picture of the alignment gauge? I don’t remember where you originally posted it.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Lyra Etna SL; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC, Oppo BDP-105;

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    As soon as theyíre ready which should be in the next couple of weeks.

david
    me too.
    My system:
    PBN 2!5s Horn Speakers. Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe Preamp. Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Phono. Lamm ML1.2 Push/Pull Amps. Acoustic Signature Ascona Turntable. SME 3012R Tonearm. Various Cartridges including: AirTight, Ortofon SPU, Signet MM and Grace MM. Sonorus Modified Revox P99 Tape Deck. Custom Cables

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...f-s-Stereo-Den

Me too too

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey_t View Post
    me too.
    Analysis Audio Epsilon[*]-Air Tight ATM 3 amps and ATE 2 preamp[*]-TW Acustic Raven AC3 with battery PSU and Black Night platter[*]-Computer Audio Design DAC and transport[*]PC from LessLoss Sig and Stein Music[*]Interconnects Stein Music (Excel and Liquidum)[*]Speaker cable HiDiamond HD8[*]Acoustic System Resonators[*]Stein Music Blue Sun and 4 Harmonizers[*]-Stein Music Feet [*]-KLAudio Ultrasonic record cleaning machine
    Keith Monks "classic"record cleaning machine

Quote Originally Posted by cuntigh View Post
    Me too too
    ! Will have enough for everyone.
    david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers,
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.
    VENTA Air Washers & Humidifiers

Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    ! Will have enough for everyone.
    david
    Yippee!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    you will need a few of these. I bought 6 from him...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SME-S2-R-De...item3f91b6a1c5
    Have you bought from this guy Christian ? Iím always sceptical when i buy hard to find genuine gear in Hongkong.
    MBL 101E, Martin Logan Statement E2 SubTowers, Modded Maplenoll Ariadne Signature, SME 3012R,BenzMicro LPS and Ebony TR,Primare 928 and 201,Krell Kps 25sc, MBL9011,Krell700Cx,Ps Audio P500,Ps Audio P300, Straightwire Crescendo 1 and 2. Mogami.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Have you bought from this guy Christian ? I’m always sceptical when i buy hard to find genuine gear in Hongkong.
    I have bought goods from him in past and never had any problem. SME have this shell in stock, he should get them from the factory.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778 LastLast