Ref110 binding post

katylied

Sep 7, 2011
Torino (Turin) - Italy
I will probably get a Ref110 power amp and I was wondering if there is any way to take out those pins in the binding post in order to use my favourite banana connector (Z plug). Anyone can help?
Thanks in advance.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I will probably get a Ref110 power amp and I was wondering if there is any way to take out those pins in the binding post in order to use my favourite banana connector (Z plug). Anyone can help?
Thanks in advance.

Extremely laborious to do - we should be very careful to prevent breaking the pins. It is why I always keep all pins well screwed in, particularly when moving the amplifier.

I usually use the Yter adapters or even the old Supra adapters when I want to use Z plugs with ARC or cj.

katylied

Sep 7, 2011
Torino (Turin) - Italy
It is why I always keep all pins well screwed in, .........

Thanks for your input.
So, if I undertsood clearly, those f******g pins are screws and this means that the binding post has a thread inside? Not really a good match with the Z plug IMHO.....
I will use adaptor too or replace the Z plug on my speaker cable with spade.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have a VS115 and I believe the same pins where one can insert a banana plug but in the head of the pin there is not deep line to put a screwdriver on to unscrew it. Some users had asked me how to remove it so a banana plug can be used but to no success.

katylied

Sep 7, 2011
Torino (Turin) - Italy
Thanks Phil.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing