Littelfuse 285 Series fuses

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
I want to try a bunch of these fuses:
http://www.littelfuse.com/products/fuses/cartridge-fuses/5x20mm-fuses/285.aspx
in my system. Problem is I can't find anyone who'd have these in stock and the lead time is minimum 8 weeks. It gets worse: the minimum qty you can buy is 100 fuses!:mad:
I need ideas on how to try both rhodium and gold-plated versions out without waiting for 2 months and without buying 100 pcs of each(!) value. Anyone can help?

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
Many thousands of registered members. 265 views and not a single person interested to try out rhodium-plated ceramic fuses from the oldest fuse-maker on this planet? You've gotta be kidding me! What's going on?!?! I thought this was the forum for truly insane audiophiles addicted to best! Ah well... looks like I was wrong in my expectations...:(

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Because no distributors have them in stock, suggests to me that Littlefuse has no great interest in making more unless they get a big order.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I also did an extensive search for availability of these fuses and confirmed the minimum order quantities were too large to warrant further consideration.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Used to sell LF products & 50,000 is a small order per month for electronic fuses for a CEM/OEM some are sold per million

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
Because no distributors have them in stock, suggests to me that Littlefuse has no great interest in making more unless they get a big order.
I know they are not interested. But WE - the audiophiles - should be interested! Why not buy 1 bag and share it somehow? We are a community after all, are we not? Most of this Forum member are located in the US and Littelfuse are in the US too. Logistically this should not be too much of an effort to organize such a thing. I'm based in Ukraine and even I am ready to chip in to try those fuses out!

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Why not?
a] The bag might be a lot bigger than you think. And it may take a lot longer than you think.
In industrial electronics we have had great difficulty getting some bits & pieces that were listed in the catalog. (no not Littlefuse stuff)
b] We would need a bag for each size.
c] There is no track record to suggest that we even want this fuse.

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
a) The bag will weigh 50g and slip easily into your jeans hip pocket. We are talking 100 fuses. What are you talking about?
b) What "each size"? They are ALL 5x20mm size!
c) Exactly! So why not get a few samples from Littelfuse and audition them to get that track record?!

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
a) The bag will weigh 50g and slip easily into your jeans hip pocket. We are talking 100 fuses. What are you talking about?
The bag may be 10,000 pieces, before they start an assembly run.
b) What "each size"? They are ALL 5x20mm size!
The sizes might be 1/2, 1, 2, 5, 10 Amps.

In industrial product development, we would sometimes come across components listed in catalogs that were not going to be available in the real world.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing