Grand Re-Opening Party @ Alma Audio

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Friends,

We have recently moved to a new (and better!) location here in San Diego, and to celebrate the new digs, we're throwing a little get-together for our friends.

It's all happening next Saturday, December 2nd, from 2-8pm. We're truly honored to have a few celebrity guests from the industry, like the master himself, Dan D'Agostino, Kerry St. James from YG Acoustics, and Aldo Filipelli from Audio Research.

This will be an informal, relaxed gathering, with lots of music, food and drinks!

The new location is at:

7847 Convoy Ct. #101
San Diego, CA 92111

Oh, there's plenty of parking around the store building.

Adobe Spark-5.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
A hearty congratulations... no small feat moving a business, adding space—particularly in the world of high end audio where brick and mortor requires such capital investment. I hope the new store and location brings you much success.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Great new location. Far more convenient for all and a lot easier to find. Congrats Alex and Fabio.
I will try and attend your Grand Opening...at least for a little while- this Saturday is a tough day for me.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Alex!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, guys!

Moving is no fun, and moving to a completely empty space that needs to be built out is even less so...

But everything's coming together, the room is looking/sounding good, and we hope to have some fun on Saturday :)

cheers,
alex

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Glad to see a brick and mortar store thrive and grow; seeing them go is actually depressing. Congrats!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, folks!
Can't say we really "made it", but we keep trying :)
Here's a photo of our early efforts in positioning, etc. We'll play some more tomorrow...

IMG_0285.jpg IMG_0159.jpg

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Congratulations, Alex! I hope to make it! :cool:

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Well, I was going to keep it as a suprise for the day, but see that speaker that looks like a YG Sonja? It isn't.

It's a YG Sonja 2 :)

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Well, I was going to keep it as a suprise for the day, but see that speaker that looks like a YG Sonja? It isn't.

It's a YG Sonja 2 :)

Am guessing that's a Sonja 2.2? Tell us more (When released? Changes over 1.2? What used from Sonja XV? )

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Am guessing that's a Sonja 2.2? Tell us more (When released? Changes over 1.2? What used from Sonja XV? )

Yep, 2.2 in our case.
It has been officially released in Europe, being demonstrated at the Paris show, and front cover of one of their magazines.
It uses the Sonja XV tweeter, as well as the new YG developed and manufactured coils for the bass modules.

Here's something on the tweeter:

YG Acoustics BilletDome 1080p

And the ViseCoil, used in the bass modules:

Sonja™ XV's bass crossover uses a brand new technology: ViseCoil™ inductors are CNC-wound in-house, then encased in a vise-like milled structure to eliminate vibration and tighten tolerances. Residual loss is reduced by 24%, and linearity is improved by 60%. The result is better control over the woofers, far greater bass impact, and an easier job for most amplifiers.

Of course we have no reference in this particular room, since it's our first set up there, but so far it's pretty mindblowing. The level of comfort, even at extremely loud levels, is amazing, and that's not even using an MSB DAC :)

cheers,
Alex

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Wow, today was a lot of fun! Lots of people showed up, right from store opening all the way to the late afternoon!

Our listening space is now bigger & better than before!

Here's a nice photo we took early on...

IMG_0177.jpg

And a view of the system

IMG_0175.jpg

There's lots of nice photos on Facebook and videos as well. I'll post some on site too.

Thanks for all the friends that stopped by, and hope to see you all again soon!

cheers,
Alex

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Alex, thanks again for the very nice event yesterday. I got to meet for the first time Mr. Dan D’Agostino and found out that he too listens to vinyl. On a very nice Air Force Three with A Graham Phantom...definitely not slumming.

Also, I had a very nice conversation with the gentleman from Audio Research and was impressed to hear of their future plans and products. Very interesting and informative.
Good luck with your continuing ventures..
BTW, the new YG Sonja’s sound great...even though your new room is a tad small...:p

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, Dave!

Yeah, Dan loves his vinyl! Impeccable music taste too, he likes some gritty ol' 70s jazz like CTI and stuff :)

Audio Research is coming up with some very exciting products, that, I hope, will expand their reach even further. Their latest products are home-runs, and after meeting the crew in Plymouth, I'm really excited for the upcoming stuff!

Ha, hopefully you had the opportunity to sit down and listen to some stuff on the YGs. Danny was playing some killer vinyl, he brought a Nina Simone on Philips that was off the charts, really good.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Wow, today was a lot of fun! Lots of people showed up, right from store opening all the way to the late afternoon!

Our listening space is now bigger & better than before!

Here's a nice photo we took early on...

View attachment 37619

There's lots of nice photos on Facebook and videos as well. I'll post some on site too.

Thanks for all the friends that stopped by, and hope to see you all again soon!

cheers,
Alex

For those of us that have never met any of these fine gentlemen, who are we looking at?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing