Golden Gate 2 Reactions

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Has anyone had a chance to compare RK 300B to Takatsuki? Takatsuki 300B plus Takatsuki recti might be a killing combination on the new GG2 or Pacific. :cool:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Has anyone had a chance to compare RK 300B to Takatsuki? Takatsuki 300B plus Takatsuki recti might be a killing combination on the new GG2 or Pacific. :cool:

I have compared Tak 300b to elrog 300b in the Alieno amplifier, at audioquattr's, and he also owns Pacific (previously owned GG). Unfortunately his Lampi is always balanced so difficult to compare all these valves in the Lampi.

I have separately owned the elrog 300b for the Lampi and didn't like them. The delta between the Tak and the elrog in the amplifier was more in the difference of presentation rather than quality. As such, I am not a fan of 300b but the RK could be different, as it was designed to be a cross between the 300b and the 242 for the Lampi, rather than just another 300b.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I have compared Tak 300b to elrog 300b in the Alieno amplifier, at audioquattr's, and he also owns Pacific (previously owned GG). Unfortunately his Lampi is always balanced so difficult to compare all these valves in the Lampi.

I have separately owned the elrog 300b for the Lampi and didn't like them. The delta between the Tak and the elrog in the amplifier was more in the difference of presentation rather than quality. As such, I am not a fan of 300b but the RK could be different, as it was designed to be a cross between the 300b and the 242 for the Lampi, rather than just another 300b.
The difference between stock 300B and Takatsuki tubes in my amplifier was huge. Also, RK 300B spec. sheet says that the tubes are 100% compliant with the WE 300B specification. So, how can they be a cross between 300b and 242, if they are made to match the WE 300b specs?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The difference between stock 300B and Takatsuki tubes in my amplifier was huge. Also, RK 300B spec. sheet says that the tubes are 100% compliant with the WE 300B specification. So, how can they be a cross between 300b and 242, if they are made to match the WE 300b specs?

I don't know. That's what I heard. I haven't heard the RK properly myself.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Only have the emission labs 5u4g don’t have KR

You should definitely get the KR 5u4g Lampi recti.

I roll quite a lot but I always come back to KR 242 and KR 5u4g white base Lampi recti.
This combi is my absolute favorite.

But if you are going to buy a new recti anyways, I would try the new RK KR 5u4g rectifier, which is only a littel more expensive than the KR 5u4g white base Lampi recti and people say the RK version sounds even a little bit better...

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
shuguang 274b
I have the red base with red letters there are a. Few versions of this recti
It is better than many other highly regarded recti in my view.

dctom

Jan 28, 2015
Wiltshire UK
www.davidcthomas.co.uk
You should definitely get the KR 5u4g Lampi recti.

I roll quite a lot but I always come back to KR 242 and KR 5u4g white base Lampi recti.
This combi is my absolute favorite.

But if you are going to buy a new recti anyways, I would try the new RK KR 5u4g rectifier, which is only a littel more expensive than the KR 5u4g white base Lampi recti and people say the RK version sounds even a little bit better...

Thanks Christoph will investigate that.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
The bottom link is the ones I use.
How ever there are few that look the same but have varying labels and I have not tried them
I a golden Gate that plays the 242 well there are a few recti to use.
The ones I linked are cheap and play very good with a few tubes. In fact my favorite in head dac is that recti and the eml mesh 2A3
No tubes I own best it period not even taks or real nos 300b
I feel all of is should one of the cheap recti

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
The one I said is cheap. The one RK white base is also good and
A better recti on many tubes
The red one is very good but hit and miss on great
Combo s. I can look tonight at my notes but if you have to get recti with your purchase get the white base
Now if it was me I would get the 242 over the RK 300b. but this is me and not you so always your choice not mine for the Pacific DAC alone

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I don't know. That's what I heard. I haven't heard the RK properly myself.

Ked that’s part of what’s wrong in this hobby some read and quote
I had both in my head dac and pacific there is no sound alike in comparison
I also own the we 300b nos and 3 other pairs of replica s. The RK are ok by me but the two I said are levels above them
Again my small brain hearing this

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013

I own them too. In the pacific the tak or we nos rules but some may like the 242 more and you don’t need a 900 tak recti for it.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
So what recti are people recommending with the RK 300B's?

Double mica 5r4gy...they come in many brands...all the same. Haltron,CEI, Mazda,Zaerix, etc. Dont get Fivre or Marconi as they are way overpriced.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing