Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Golden Gate 2 Reactions

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Stop talking poop Ked.

You need to upgrade to an actual system, which I will assess for you.
    Oops. but funny....

Bonzo, I actually enjoy your write ups regardless. But what IS happening with your system, it is going to materialise?:roll eyes:
    Last edited by astrostar59; 08-27-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Mac Mini Server with 12V DC Upton Audio MMK Mod and LPS feed , SSD and 16 GIG RAM, Audirvana V3 & Tital | Aries Cert Kassandra Ref II NOS DAC, Audio Note UK DAC 5 Special V2 Gone | Passive pre-amplifier | Plinius SA-103 150W Class A / AB switchable | Zingali Client Name EVO 1.2 Horn Hybrids | Velodyne DD10[/B] Sub | Metrum Aurix Headphone Amplifier | Audeze LCD4 2018 | PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator | Dedicated Mains | Audio Note DAC 4.1 heavily modded with AN UK parts | Audeze LCD2 Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    I have a pair of eml 45 for sale both mesh and solid plates
    Hi Al

How much do you want for your mesh ones?

Cheers

Philip

242 is one tube to rule them all. I now think it's a magic tube. A few short clips of my system with 242 tubes, first one shot using an iPhone, the other 2 with a recorder.
    https://youtu.be/YBbkn2d5p2g
    https://youtu.be/2e7kSEqsnIM
    https://youtu.be/GZJ9q4z-y2o

Quote Originally Posted by abeidrov View Post
    242 is one tube to rule them all. I now think it's a magic tube. A few short clips of my system with 242 tubes, first one shot using an iPhone, the other 2 with a recorder.
    https://youtu.be/YBbkn2d5p2g
    https://youtu.be/2e7kSEqsnIM
    https://youtu.be/GZJ9q4z-y2o
    Seems to me you are fighting the same issue as I have with the small kids . We'll need to look into your solution...
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt
    PowerAmp: ARC REF 75 (KT150)
    PreAmp: ARC REF 6
    Source: LampizatOr Golden Gate Balanced
    Streamer: Auralic Aries;
    CD player/Transport: Audio Analogue Maestro; Copland CDP289
    Power: IsoTek Sigmas EVO3
    Cabling: Shunyata (various), Kimber LS, WireWorld, Siltech
    Rack: Finite Elemente Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Golum View Post
    Seems to me you are fighting the same issue as I have with the small kids . We'll need to look into your solution...
    Yes, this wooden playpen came very handy

Quote Originally Posted by Blue58 View Post
    Shinkoh good but Audio Note Silver Tantalums much better though take ages to break in like most silver components.
    Never was a fan of the WBT nextgeb AG.
    Well the 2W silver tants are in with the WBT Ag. I didn't use the CMC Teflon's in the end, the Lampi bracket in my DAC won't take it.

So basically, according to PQ at AN, I have the best UX4 socket in now: https://www.hificollective.co.uk/con...ated-base.html

Is this DAC turning into an Audio Note??

So I have just spent about three hours with the mods. Sounding pretty bloody great. I can't believe those resistors can get any better there's certainly no hardship at the moment. The DAC is now at level sounding better than Ked's GG ever did, LOL.

Ked's GG sounds better than a Pacific according to Ked, so I must be at level Pacific++.

Joking aside, it does seem to sound significantly better than before. Music flows better and there's a great sense of ease to it. Superb clarity without strain. Excellent, natural imagery, or at least more natural than it was.

Apart from where it won't make a difference. it is now a struggle to find better parts to put in it. Maybe that knowledge alone makes it sound better

Needs a few more days evaluation but it does seem like money well spent. It is hard to be sure, though, been a few weeks using a different and far less capable DAC than the state this one currently seems to be in. Which seems excellent.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Sorry you heard my GG two tree years ago.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Good work User211! What coupling caps do you have fitted? I would recommend Duelund Hybrid or the new tin ones. Also do you have a decent iec inlet and fuse? Lampi dacs are very responsive to clean power.
    Owner www.sablonaudio.com, PF & 6M award winning custom audio cables

Dealer for SGM Music Server

Quote Originally Posted by Sablon Audio View Post
    Good work User211! What coupling caps do you have fitted? I would recommend Duelund Hybrid or the new tin ones. Also do you have a decent iec inlet and fuse? Lampi dacs are very responsive to clean power.
    It is fed by a mains regenerator.

I have Jupiter 2.2uF and Dueland 0.47uF copper foil dual output stages in it. Both go through the separate WBT Ag RC output jacks and silver non-magnetic 2 Watt AN tants. Dual cap output is my idea.

So the two sets of RCA output jacks are conneced to separate inputs on my preamp, and I can listen to Jupiter or Dueland outputs caps at a push of the input select button on my preamp remote.

Cool.

Hi all.
    Do any of you use any gizmos between server and dac,things like regen and so on.
    Kindly/Ingemar

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast