Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Any more pictures of the beautiful Horn speakers? Im not sure there is another aesthetic finish in all of audio that can compare. Stunning!

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Actually how is it sounding now Billy? I got the sense that it wasn’t quite there yet from your previous post hinting that things were evolving.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Where are the big monoblocks and pre now?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Where are the big monoblocks and pre now?

Pre is still the Aries Cerat Impera II Limited Edition. The monoblocks have relocated to another system in favor of SET power for the Symphonia Type S speakers. Legends amps are slated for an October delivery after the room is finished.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Pre is still the Aries Cerat Impera II Limited Edition. The monoblocks have relocated to another system in favor of SET power for the Symphonia Type S speakers. Legends amps are slated for an October delivery after the room is finished.

What are legends amps?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi Stavros I take that "you're here" to ask you: a possibility that in the future add a renderer to tis DAC Kassandra?:D

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
For the sake of my heart, I hope that when the Legends arrive the room will be finished. Every time I see these beauties on the concrete floor, I suffer a "heart attack" :b

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
For the sake of my heart, I hope that when the Legends arrive the room will be finished. Every time I see these beauties on the concrete floor, I suffer a "heart attack" :b

Same here,
Legend will be delivered after room is finished.These are 600lb per chanel amps,so no possibility to move them around...

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Oh, that's excellent. If you can, keep us informed of the progress.
Regards

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Had a amazing time yesterday evening with Billy listening to the Genus with the Symphonia Type S. I am actually really blown away by what the Genus can do for being in the Prestige line. The Incito holds a special place in my heart as just an awesome preamp, but through the Type S the same sonic signature of the Incito is present. Highly detailed and musical with a ton of air and tonal weight to the music.

I played some familiar cuts off the Aurender. One of the most dynamic tracks that is actually really good music (vs just dynamic audiophile bells and random instruments) is Dave Matthews Stay (Wasting Time)

Highs were crystal clear and we got another 1-2 feet of depth to the music. Everything was punchy and in focus with tighter bass and more resolving thwacks to the drums. I was really feeling the music.

Another track that really gave me a solid understanding of the performance was Michael Jacksons Will you be there

As the song starts to conclude the choir and Michael keep building the crescendo and layering each other and the amount of separation and emotion you can feel has you wanting to rise out or your chair with each build.

To round out the day we tested the headphone output of the Genus with his Focal Utopia cans. Given the room is still very much a mess and reflective as hell getting rid of the room to hear the full Impera and Kassandra/Talos front end with the Genus was pretty ******* awesome.

So ready to hear this system in its completion with the Legend amplifiers. Those will have a headphone output as well lol. Any takers for a 600lb 250k headphone amp? Astro? :)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Had a amazing time yesterday evening with Billy listening to the Genus with the Symphonia Type S. I am actually really blown away by what the Genus can do for being in the Prestige line. The Incito holds a special place in my heart as just an awesome preamp, but through the Type S the same sonic signature of the Incito is present. Highly detailed and musical with a ton of air and tonal weight to the music.

I played some familiar cuts off the Aurender. One of the most dynamic tracks that is actually really good music (vs just dynamic audiophile bells and random instruments) is Dave Matthews Stay (Wasting Time)

Highs were crystal clear and we got another 1-2 feet of depth to the music. Everything was punchy and in focus with tighter bass and more resolving thwacks to the drums. I was really feeling the music.

Another track that really gave me a solid understanding of the performance was Michael Jacksons Will you be there

As the song starts to conclude the choir and Michael keep building the crescendo and layering each other and the amount of separation and emotion you can feel has you wanting to rise out or your chair with each build.

To round out the day we tested the headphone output of the Genus with his Focal Utopia cans. Given the room is still very much a mess and reflective as hell getting rid of the room to hear the full Impera and Kassandra/Talos front end with the Genus was pretty ******* awesome.

So ready to hear this system in its completion with the Legend amplifiers. Those will have a headphone output as well lol. Any takers for a 600lb 250k headphone amp? Astro? :)

So, you are driving Genus with an Impera? Did you try it also as a true Integrated amp by running it straight off the Kassandra or Talos?

Genus really went above and beyond expectations, which were already very high.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing