New phono Kronos

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Sorry khun Boon but this sounds like a line out of a Soi Cowboy bar, "hello, where you beeen? Miss you so much Tilak..." and you know the rest :p!

david
Sorry , Khun David you are so smart but I don't understand what you try to say ??

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Enjoy listening with my new setup KRONOS ANALOGUE REFERENCE :)

Attachments

• IMG_2317 (1).jpg
    IMG_2317 (1).jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_2321 (1).jpg
    IMG_2321 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2323 (2).jpg
    IMG_2323 (2).jpg
    771.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2326 (1).jpg
    IMG_2326 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 236

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
Louis does not have horns in his home system. His main speakers are Dynaudio Evidence. Amps are Absolare monoblocks, pre amp is some crazy custom passive thing with stepped attenuator and super high quality parts. Source is Kronos Pro/SCPS/Zyx with Kronos phono.

The Kronos phono is a partnership with Trulife Audio in Greece. It's based off the Trulife Argo which looks like this inside. (I own one)

Step up into 12ax7/12au7 with ez81 rectifiers. Teflon board, point to point wiring etc... Trulife is similar to Ypsilon in that they wind their own transformers in house.

In the Kronos version the signal and power sections are in separate chassis. The signal section has a very high quality copper/brass chassis for emi/rf sheilding. input/output is unbalanced (don't think the reference has the convenience XLR out shown in the photo) but also an input straight from the tonearm which eliminates the phono cable/output block. There is a tone control/EQ feature which I think is implemented by dynamically moving the location of the upper/lower RIAA turnovers. There are more changes from the "normal" Trulife model but I am not sure of everything...

Trulife Audio has made changes/improvements to it's reference phono to fit Louis demands.. one of improvements is a rotary selector affecting the tone, very useful for some special recordings.. Trulife also has improved Kronos Turntable's Power Supply.. It's a serious low profile company that made hi-end ultimate sounding machines.. Argo and her big brother Kronos are reference top phono stages in the globe.. here is a presentation (by the me) in Greece held in 04 June 2017 of Kronos Audio & Trulife Audio Colaboration..

I am a lucky guy been a friend of mr Velisarios the owner and developer of Trulife Audio.. He has made for me a special 'built to order' phono based on a predecessor of Argo, the 'Odysseus'.. it has a single power supply for both channels and lower cost components, but it has the same upgraded step-up transformers and riaa modules..

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
can a moderator please correct the above phrase :

"(by the me) in Greece held in 04 June 2017"

with

"held in Athens Greece in Tuesday 30/6/2017"

thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing