New phono Kronos

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Kronos is doing a new phono and Italian distributor,distributor also for CH,Esoteric, told me is amazing and built with top component
I will see when will arrive to Italy

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
My dealer sure will send one for me to try when arrives Thailand.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
good,
so you can do a very interesting test with your cartridges and after listening CH and EMT

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
TW Acustic has been making his own in house phono for at least five years now.
The Kronos was designed by TLA from Greece.

Is that trulife?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Avid make their own, as does Clearaudio.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Techdas instead do a phono,produce a dac D7,very strange

TechDAS started as a digital company... that why they have DAC units in line, but its mostly for japan consumers.

btw - i pretty sure that TW phono is not their own production.
Thoress used to build them phono stages and now the rumours is YPSILON "help" them with their latest one.

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
byrdparis

The first phono from TW were from Thoress. The current TW are designed and built by Thomas of TW. Cessaro has a relationship with Ypsilon and they build their electronics for Cessaro which are working partners with TW at many shows. TW at one point used the Ypsilon phono and line stage as a reference.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Has anyone compared the trulife to other phonos?

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
byrdparis

The first phono from TW were from Thoress. The current TW are designed and built by Thomas of TW. Cessaro has a relationship with Ypsilon and they build their electronics for Cessaro which are working partners with TW at many shows. TW at one point used the Ypsilon phono and line stage as a reference.

thanks for the clarification.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Fremer kept the CH P1 after reviewing even though had ypsilon for years

He didn’t get rid of Ypsilon though !

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I was told the CH is second to none with low impedance cartridges in current mode, but in regular mode it only above average.:)

i think most of the P1 users, will use the current mode, the cart's we've got are mostly the one who benefits the current mode.
i think the regular one will out preform the best of them also... but... everyone entitle for an opinion.

regarding framer -
i bet he have a really good reason for keeping the Ypsilon, if its sound wise or of sheer versatile reason or another (financial\work related) we have to ask him that :)
but no doubt this two are top notch... and everyone will be more then happy to have each, not mentioned them two.

back to Kronos phono, i think most of his sales will be to a Kronos holders... the logistics for put it together under their TT are very unique for Kronos...
but - as one said before (i cant remember who mentioned it when it was announced) most of the PP who owned some of the top Kronos must have some really great phono stage to begin with.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I use P1 in current with Opus 1 and Atlas sl,but i also use not in current with GFS and Coralstone in MM with his mc trans
I find P1 fantastic even not in current.
I tried it in voltage and also MM Vs Kondo GE1 and Viva phono and i found same natural mid of Kondo but better in bass,high and scene
And P1 was alone,without X1

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I use P1 in current with Opus 1 and Atlas sl,but i also use not in current with GFS and Coralstone in MM with his mc trans
I find P1 fantastic even not in current.
I tried it in voltage and also MM Vs Kondo GE1 and Viva phono and i found same natural mid of Kondo but better in bass,high and scene
And P1 was alone,without X1

You have the advantage of system synergy because you have CH the whole chain. You hear more CH strengths than others.

P1 without X1 is like a BigMc without ketchup though.

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing