Lamborghini creates world's first 'self-healing' sports car

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/11/lamborghini-creates-self-healing-sports-car/

Now, that's my type of ride! :cool:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Made for countries where license plates are optional LOL

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I see similarities

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The article is convincing, very.

"Lamborghini has created the world's first self-healing sports car. The Terzo Millennio, which translates as third millennium in Italian, has the ability to detect and repair cracks in its body work.

Using sensors the car can conduct its own health check to detect any damages and self-repair itself by filling the crack with nanotubes to prevent it spreading.

The all-electric car is powered by supercapacitors rather than conventional batteries.

The super sports car has an energy storage system which allows it to rapidly charge and hold more power than a battery.

The supercapacitors are made using carbon enabling them to be formed into the car's body panels as they are smaller and lighter than conventional batteries.

Each of the car's wheels includes its own integrated electric engine that glow as you drive."

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Does not make it any prettier.
Waiting for it to stand up and start shooting lasers.;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The body design has all what it takes to drive someone "high".

And the technologies applied to it are aptly transcribed; it is a "concept" super car...for tomorrow's future...in the year 2020...more or less. :b

Frankly, I want one.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I bet Belfort wish his Countach was self healing LOL

*Wolf of Wall Street :D

I'd want one too Bob but this looks like it was designed by Michael Bay and his Transformers crew with the help of West Coast Customs to me.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Check out Renault's concept. I saw it in the flesh a few weeks ago and it is even better looking than the photos show. Wonderful hexagonal bodywork and novel entry. IMG_0903.JPG

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I bet Belfort wish his Countach was self healing LOL

*Wolf of Wall Street :D

I'd want one too Bob but this looks like it was designed by Michael Bay and his Transformers crew with the help of West Coast Customs to me.

Michael Bay, one of his talents, is filming cars in motion from some of the best angles and light.
He excels @ maneuvering a camera. He has a great visual flair, and he is one of my favorite 3D film effects art mastering.

But he is no car designer, and the Lamb Terzo Millennio is ... electrifying, radically.
I like the Bugatti Chiron too, very much so.

Check out Renault's concept. I saw it in the flesh a few weeks ago and it is even better looking than the photos show. Wonderful hexagonal bodywork and novel entry. View attachment 37139

I like it too; beautiful super bolid design...low, smooth curves, the color is steel rich, and the front face is animal happy...with that caricature smile. It almost looks like ... a flying saucer.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I am in Italy/Bologna at the moment .

While visiting a workshop we drove past the Lamborghini and Ducati factory .
Ferrari is a bit further off , beautifull old city and quit a few lambo s on the road also for testdriving , apparently you get also a obligatory driving course if you buy one .
Absolutely stunning car , they even have 2 in the airport lobby.

I asked about the biggest market , its still the middle east , especially Qatar

Lamborghini Huracan in special Italian colours , 208.000 euro without taxes in Italy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing