New M1 Arriving

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I am not sure if it can be set to auto. I guess if walking to ot to press standby is a big effort, by all means get a cheap android.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
So how else would one put the amps into standbye from a remote location?
As far as I can tell u need the app
Who else gives you this ability and you are putting them down because you need an a under 100 dollar device to do this with?
Who else even gives you the ability to adjust all the parameters of the amp so easily.
I ll be happy to GIVE you the tablet and the app when you purchase the amp.
This is the only amp I have used that had these abilities and I wish more products gave them to you.
Its so easy whether you use the front panel or from your chair on a hand held device.

Yes it would be nice to have it as an apple but it would be nice for a lot of products to have a lot of things and they don't.
This amp is a killer and it works flawlessly and sounds amazing

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
This is all you've got...bashing a potential customer?

All your years at Lyric coming thru loud and clear.
I wouldn't spend a nickel with you......

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

King,

I have to agree with Folsom in that I don't think Elliot was bashing you. I will let him speak for himself, but, I have been doing business with him for 30+ years and never an issue. He was just "strongly" making the point of how, despite it not being an iOS, the amp gives you remote and non-remote capabilities that no other amp gives you. I think his offer to give you an Android tablet for remote use was legitimate not a put down.

Howie

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

No one is bashing anyone. I dont know where that comes from.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Anyone have experience with the M1's on Magico's?

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Thank you
I saw that post. Not much there unfortunately...

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
As well as Constellation, Soulution etc........

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Anyone have experience with the M1's on Magico's?

I have a friend with M3's and a stereo CH M1. i heard it briefly and seemed a good match.....in his well sorted out (MSB Ref digital w/passive direct into the M1 as source) room and system. the M1 sits on a STACORE. this friend has had a number of other very nice amps (tube and SS) on these M3's and prefers the M1 (I've only heard the M1's in his system with the M3's).

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
M
Thanks for the data point.

Interesting that so far no actual owner/user of CH and Magico has responded

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm not too surprised. I don't recall any of us CH owners using the same brand of speakers either.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Yup I agree. I am in awe with this amp. Given the speaker I own I never expected to ever get such transparency and relaxed sound from a solid state design.

I too have been a tube believer my whole life. I think these new breed of SS are just remarkable like nothing I have ever heard or owned before. What you changed from is truly a statement valve product and that is saying a lot.

Hi Priaptor, i was wondering if there might be a little bit of glare when pairing an M1+L1 with speakers that can be bright ?
I hope i'm wrong because i really like the CH sound but was not yet able to demo it on my speakers.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have all CH with a speaker bright and very fast and is a perfect match for me
I live 20 minutes from Malpensa airport,airport of Milan,if you want to come to listen you are welcome.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I have all CH with a speaker bright and very fast and is a perfect match for me
I live 20 minutes from Malpensa airport,airport of Milan,if you want to come to listen you are welcome.

Hi gian, i also have very fast speakers that tend to be bright depending on the amps but i think CH has quite a bit of liquidity so it should be ok.
Thanks i will try to visit you one day.

Reactions: bruce36

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing