Recent Issue with my Krell Evolution Two Preamp!!! Any Ideas???

shpritz

Sep 20, 2015
I have a question regarding my Krell Evolution Two Preamplifier.

I noticed when I powered up my Evolution Power Two from standby today, I received the following messages on the front of my right channel unit.

First it said:
DC offset found

Followed by:
Checking Outputs

Followed by the following two messages.
Cast Out 1
Cast Out 2

Finally it goes to S1 which is the default output.

Then I can just hit the B1 output I am using to my matching Evolution One Mono Blocks.

Music plays as normal with no issues. Is there something I need to address? Should I be concerned at all. It would cost a lot to ship back to Krell from Canada and was hoping it was an easy fix from my end. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. The sound is fantastic as always just the few seconds longer to boot up.

I have attached photos in sequence. I rarely use the cast cables as I prefer my balanced interconnects more.

Attachments

• krell 1.jpeg
    krell 1.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 215
  • krell2.jpeg
    krell2.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 193
  • krell3.jpeg
    krell3.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 189
  • krell4.jpeg
    krell4.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 188
  • krell5.jpeg
    krell5.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 190

ct545i

Nov 24, 2015
I would recommend sending an email to Krell's service department. I am confident that Patrick (or someone else there) will honestly try to help with the issue before they recommend to have the units sent to them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing