Venom or Delta Power Cord for Projector

ken6217

Sep 28, 2017
I was looking to use either of these two power cords for my projector. Are one or both shielded? Does it matter?

I assume the Delta in general is the better cable. Would it be for this application as well?

Thanks,
Ken

ken6217

Sep 28, 2017
For the 85 curious viewers, the Venom is shielded, but the Delta would be the better cable because of the filter-set in the IEC. It would offer measurably lower-noise and produces clearer images. As per Grant.

ken6217

Sep 28, 2017
Well, I'm going with the reply from Shunyata. Evidently in the comparison of the two cables in question, the Delta NR is the better choice.

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Well, I'm going with the reply from Shunyata. Evidently in the comparison of the two cables in question, the Delta NR is the better choice.

I have had a Venom 3, Venom Digital, and now a Delta NR power cord. They are all good, but the Delta NR is exceptional. I use it on a DAC, and it is a much better cable than either Venom. You can get this cable with confidence.

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
I have had a Venom 3, Venom Digital, and now a Delta NR power cord. They are all good, but the Delta NR is exceptional. I use it on a DAC, and it is a much better cable than either Venom. You can get this cable with confidence.

Would that mean going from a Cobra ZiTron to a Delta NR is an upward move or merely a lateral move due to the Delta NR - according to others - not having "ZiTron" technology in it?

ken6217

Sep 28, 2017
Would that mean going from a Cobra ZiTron to a Delta NR is an upward move or merely a lateral move due to the Delta NR - according to others - not having "ZiTron" technology in it?

I can tell you that I switched it to a Alpha HC and it was night and day better. It's like I have a new projector.

Indy

Dec 14, 2014

It's hard to say, because I did not have my Cobra and Delta NR on the same equipment. I believe I have read in another forum, that the Delta NR is better than the Cobra. Maybe Caelin or Grant can confirm. The Delta does not have ZiTron, but has VTX conductors, NR and the KPIP process that the Cobra does not have. The Delta is also the same gauge as the Cobra (10 awg).

I believe for the price, the Delta NR is simply unbeatable.

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
Generally shielded power cord is better cause of EMC.

That may be true, but if you put a Shakti On-Line stabilizer on a power cord, interconnect, or speaker cable, you will find the sound surprisingly clearer. Even on Shunyata's Sigma (don't know about the NR), but the first Sigma? DEFINITELY. And it has held equally true on Transparent's cable, but especially noticeable on Nordost's Norse 2 line. Tyr2 and Frey2 are noticeably clearer, so the Shakti seems to remove EM influences. I've had Shakti Stones since 1992, and started using stabilizers about 6 years ago. I was surprised they worked, but they do. And you don't have to strain to hear them: it is immediately noticeable. Voices are purer. And it's true with both digital and analogue.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
I believe for the price, the Delta NR is simply unbeatable.

It is always difficult comparing two power cables from different generations. It is much easier to compare PCs from the same generation at different price points. Any power cord’s performance is simply the sum total of its constituent parts and materials. If you know what each individual parameter contributes to the objective performance envelope and its corresponding subjective qualities you can very accurately describe what a specific cable will sound like when used with a certain component.

Both the Cobra and Delta use OFE C0100 copper in a 10 gauge. So equal.
The Cobra uses conventional stranded wire while the Delta is VTX “hollow tube” type. Advantage Delta.
The Cobra uses ZTron tech while the Delta NR has built in CCI filters. Apples to oranges comparison.
The Delta has SR CopperCONN solid copper connectors. Big advantage Delta.
The Cobra is housed in a pseudo air dielectric tube while the Delta has an extruded jacket. Slight advantage Cobra.

And finally a difference that is neither a part nor material but rather a treatment process that cannot be bought or reverse engineered by our attentive competitors. KPIP. Big advantage Delta.

So, comparing cables from different generations and price points is difficult “on paper”. And ultimately the only way to make an informed choice when you don’t know what all the above parameters contribute to the performance, would be to listen to each in your own system. And it is at this point that your opinion would be no better or worse than mine. So, while is only my opinion, in my systems; I prefer the Delta cable.

What I find even more interesting is the difference between an Alpha Analog or Alpha Digital cable compared to the less expensive (retail prices) Delta NR cable.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Generally shielded power cord is better cause of EMC.

Yes the reason for shielding power cords is because the cords can act as EMI/RFI interference antennas (both transmitting or receiving).
But projectors are seldom close enough to other products for this to be a problem.
Note that interference problems are situation specific. Move your gear around, use a different length cord or turn a component on/off and the interference can change.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing