Would you guys consider used Wolf appliances?

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Hi everyone,

I am looking at redoing our kitchen and the things that I want are just out of my price point right now if I buy new. I was wondering if anyone here would consider buying used Wolf / Sub-zero / Thermador / Kitchenaid appliances.

I'm considering the following double oven: https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/app/d/used-wolf-double-oven/6355618858.html

I'm considering the sub-zero fridge at the atlanta restore: http://www.atlantahabitat.org/shop

Yep. We have all Wolf and Sub Zero appliance in our kitchen. We even moved our older sub Zero fringe that is about 18 years old into the garage. Still running like a champ.

We have the fridge, oven, cooktop, warming drawer, microwave and wine cooler. Our ice maker and dishwasher are other brands.

ptman

Dec 23, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We have had the cooktop, oven and microwave for 11 years. One small fix on the microwave, no service calls on the cooktop and oven. Our Subzero fridge has had a couple of calls for the ice maker, but nothing significant.

They're top notch and built to last.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Would you go for a full blown range or a cooktop and oven? Does it matter?

Depends on how much room you have to work with and if you need to keep some cupboard space. Our kitchen area is rather large so we have a separate cooktop and built in oven.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My folks have used Sub-Zeros for 40-years...only broken 1x in all those years so far. We bought Sub Zero as well and so far loving it. Big fan for reliability, durability. For personal aesthetic reasons, we decided to run with La Cornue range/oven.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I think Ron also just got a Sub-Zero.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If the oven's got probes I'd jump on it. If not, I'd maybe just hop on it LOL. In my 7 years of Wolf ownership (Range, Micro/convection, Oven) only the stove top gas/ceramic grill gave me problems.

I like doing roasts and the Wolf built in probe has been spot on. The only thing more I could wish for is a rotisserie.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, I had an sub zero over refrigerator/under freezer in my apartment in Manhattan for many years with minimal service required.

The Viking over refrigerator/under freezer that came with our house has been quite problematic.

I have always thought that a big refrigerator is a very luxury thing, so as part of the house repairs we are replacing the Viking refrigerator with sub zeros: a 30" refrigerator column and a 24" freezer column.

I apologize for posting since you asked only about Wolf ranges, not sub zero and not refrigerators.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Some times you can find new Miele ovens on EBay. When I remodeled my condo in 2006 I purchased a Miele H398BP on EBay with several other Miele appliances ,best darn oven I ever cooked with,worth every penny.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing